Wednesday, March 21, 2012

For the Queen of Happy Mail

I have a blog friend who is the Queen of Happy Mail.
You may be one of the fortunate ones who knows her too.

While I'm oh so grateful for the happy mail that she sends to me and to my girl C, the thing that touches my heart so deeply is the happy mail she sends to my mom.


My regular readers know that my mom is battling cancer, and I started Team Teal as a way to make sure she was getting little bits of happy mail here and there to lift her spirit on challenging days. All of Team Teal has been so lovely to her, but this particular friend shines bright in her consistency and never ending kindness.

{here's what the canvas looked like before all the layers went on}

Thank you, Ruth, from the bottom of my heart, for all the lovely happy mail you send around the planet - not just to the members of my family, but to all of our blog friends near and far who have been fortunate enough to be the recipient of one of your sweet parcels.

Some angels have wings, Ruth.
You have envelopes and stamps.

18 comments:

Cheri said...

That is so unbelievably sweet!

Ruth said...

Careful, Deb, you'll have me blubbing all over the place.
The pleasure is all mine ~ Happy Mail 2012, next round coming up very soon.

Sian said...

How very very lovely! Ruth is an absolute dear. I'm lucky enough to have met her in real life, and I can't wait for her to come back and visit soon. Maybe someday we'll see you too :)

Denise said...

Very true - there are some wonderful people in blogland - I feel all the richer for the friends I have made too x x x x

Alison said...

You made a wonderful job of this Deb!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

That's a wonderful canvas,Deb.

Mom said...

I love the canvas but I also love your last comment about angels having wings and Ruth having stamps and envelopes! Touched my heart! So precious and intended for a precious lady! Love you! xo

Jo.C said...

I love how you have shared the process and as a recent recipient I could not agree more. A real tribute and stunning art work.

debs14 said...

She really is a very special lady. So kind and thoughtful. What a lovely post today.

Becky said...

How lovely :)

Beverly said...

A gorgeous piece of art for a truly giving woman!

Unknown said...

Love the canvas and love Ruth's happy mail!

Anonymous said...

A lovely piece of art for a lovely friend.

Karen said...

What a beautiful canvas you've created! Ruth will love it I'm sure.

Amy said...

Oh Deb, this is just perfect for Ruth!
I am so lucky to have met Ruth and I love the idea of an angel with envelopes and stamps- yes!

How's work?

Ginger said...

Deb your canvas is gorgeous! I love the thought you put behind it and the photo of Ruth's son - how you made this into a collage! Beautiful :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Such an awesome canvas.
Rinda

Margaret said...

That is a real work of art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...