Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Bunny and a Naughty Cat


Last Friday night while having dinner, Doug and I had a serious conversation about Whiskers Jay. To put it mildly, he's been a pain-in-the-neck cat lately. He's a been bit full of himself and pretty bossy and slightly mean. Like, whenever I get out of a chair he immediately takes my place. Then, when I try to shoo him off? He hisses at me. Sometimes, he even bats his paw at me. No respect, I tell ya.


I've had a little dish garden with some succulent plants sitting by our kitchen sink. Whiskers is notorious for nibbling on plants, so I thought I'd outsmart him and put some ground white pepper on the plants to teach him a lesson. Apparently, he likes his succulents with a dash of white pepper.


We actually had a conversation about finding a new home for him. On Friday night, I was mad enough about my destroyed precious succulent plant that I really meant it. I texted Carrie and told her about our conversation and she replied, "I don't think you are going to be able to do it."


And then, just like magic, Whiskers turned into the sweetest cat on the planet. He followed me around all weekend, nudging me to pet him, rubbing against my legs while I washed dishes, and keeping me company while I made this bunny on Sunday afternoon - purring constantly I might add. And when I asked him nicely to get out of my chair? He did so without complaining.

Phew.
That was a close one, Jay-cat!

14 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like a close shave...maybe he just needs a bunny friend!
Thinking about you today
Alison xx

Sian said...

Cute post :)

Cheri said...

Sounds a lot like our kitty Kira - we've decided she must be bipolar. And that maybe when she is in the hiss and steal your seat mode she's really just not feeling well. Hopefully Whiskers will show more of his nice side! I've still got kids at home who would disown me if I tried to find a new home for either one of the furballs that run this house!

Ruth said...

Do you think that's why cats have nine lives?

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like one of his nine lives has been used up. Hope your first day at work has gone well.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Maybe he was just adjusting to the change in season.
Rinda

Rhona said...

He knew what you'd been saying and thought he better mend his ways ;o)
Hope your day went well :o) xx

Lizzie said...

Cats are clever. They speak English. They also know what they can and can't get away with....

Naughty Whiskers Jay!

Love the bunny! Very cute.

Unknown said...

That would be one very expensive cat to give away. Glad that he's behaving better and super cute post today. :)

Mom said...

Ooh, that cat! Having been a witness to one of his "bad" days, if he'd been mine, his days would have most certainly been numbered! Do you think he feels the bunny is his new friend? I tell you, it's a darn cute friend! Lovely post, Dear One! Love you! xoxo

Ginger said...

cheeky kitty! I`m afraid my sophie might be on her last leg - hubby had to rig the door and gate so she would not be able to get into the family room, what with the new stereo she has a strong interest in anything shiny and new! She`s destroyed more than one piece of furniture over the years!!

Karen said...

Great story! We haven't had a cat in many, many years, but I always thought they had a pretty good sense of what was going on. That bunny is adorable!

Beverly said...

ohhhh my heart was catching that you might really truly do it, so glad that Whiskers redemmed himself! I love your bunny, care to do a tutorial?

dianapena8 said...

I am pretty sure he understood your conversation and knew he was about to get the boot lol, something similar happened to our cat, my husband mentioned that he would like to adopt a dog because Sammy (our cat) ignores him and prefers to be with me, and just like that Sammy started to fallow my husband around the house and got on his lap while he watched TV, and then Sammy looked at me rolling his eyes and said: guys, they are so needy hehe j/k on that last part.
What a Cute bunny =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...