Thursday, November 12, 2009

Around our house...chalk blocks.

We have these little blocks of wood, made from scraps that I salvaged from our property up north. They live on a shelf on The Wall in our family room. The fronts are painted with chalkboard paint, and every month I change the word to fit the occasion. This month is hubby's birthday so we celebrate him and the chalk-blocks help. :o)

And the garland strung across the front is one I made a few months ago -- LOVE garland!!!

Sometimes the blocks just read: "HOME" or "LOVE." In October it was "BOO" with a spider drawn on block #4. December will be "NOEL" or maybe "SNOW" or...who knows. They are a fun addition to our house!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love these! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

How cool!!!

humel said...

Oh, how cute! I totally love the idea of these :-)

scrappyjacky said...

Great idea....such a lovely quirky addition.

traci said...

those are so cool!!!

helena said...

these have gone on my list of things to have in my new house. I'd been thinking I wanted a word but could not decide on which one - now I don't have to, thanks

Mom said...

When do you ever sleep?? What few ideas I come up with are put together in my head in the middle of the night! So I'm thinking that if you think of your stuff then, and you have soooooo many ideas, do you ever close your eyes?? My girl! Talent personified! Very clever and cute!xo

janae @ jelly roll said...

you are a posting fiend! :) i love everything you have been doing. i've been wanting to do some photo blocks for awhile now, this is another cool option!

Emilie Lynne said...

To make the granny star, I
I just looked at the picture to figure out what they may have done. I could tell they made a ring with five sets of three double crochets around it. Then I just went from there, using trial and error until it kind of looked right. Just let me know if you want to have a full explanation! I can definitely try to teach you the whole thing!! I just need to make another one to make sure I know what each step is without stopping and undoing parts of it several times before getting it right! XD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...