Monday, September 7, 2009

The Wall.

Finally! The wall above our TV in our family room is the way I want it!!! We've been in this house for 4 years now and I've had this vision and now that it's out and done my mind can create other things.

For a while I had a beautiful large canvas piece that my friend, Connie and I put together one night while she was visiting. It matched my purple kitchen and I loved it. Well, now our kitchen is red and we needed a change.

Some fun things on this wall:

~ The shelf on the lower left has blocks of wood I salvaged from our property in northern Arizona. Doug painted them red with the fronts done in chalkboard paint. We can change the 4-letter word out as we wish. You know! Things like "home," "love," "hope," "Noel" for Christmas time...
~ Black and white picture is of Doug's mom and dad with Ed Sullivan. My FIL was Marine Aviator of the Year in 1968 and they got to be on The Ed Sullivan Show!
~ A button heart I stitched that I don't like and want to re-vamp;
~ An old doily in a frame;
~ Picture of Doug with Santa Claus when he was little;
~ Some random photos of us; :o)
~ Oooh, and the long frame on top with the stars -- got the frame @ Goodwill for 99 cents and Doug painted it for me. The stars I bought @ Michael's for $1 each and attached to the frame with some apholstery tacks.
~ Quote in the frame bottom just left of center: "Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many." - Charles Dickens
~ And the shadow box with butterflies has: "Scatter Joy" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (I used my Martha butterfly punch and folded the butterflies up slightly. I love how it turned out!)
~ The little heart shaped bottle on the high shelf has sand in it from our honeymoon. That shelf still needs something but I haven't figured it out yet.

So. There's a tour of our family room wall. What do you think?

5 comments:

The Norman Clan said...

You are amazing Deb!! Love it!! You never cease to amaze me.

melissa kaye said...

Your wall looks incredible. Nice job, Deb! It's nice to finally put something together when you have envisioned it for so long. How rewarding. :)

Love the "H O M E" blocks in chalkboard paint! So cute!

mom said...

Do I love it?? But of course I do! Great balance! What a difference it made to that wall! Another work of art to be sure!!! xo

traci said...

the wall is fantastic. i love all the meaning involved. those home block are too cute.

rachel griffith said...

SUPER cute.
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...