Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Precious Part of Blogging

Today I’m linking up with my clever friend, Sian, for her monthly “Storytelling Sunday{although I'm just a little late to the party}. Sian’s been hosting Storytelling Sunday for over three years now, and this year she has set the theme of telling tales about something that is precious to us.

As I thought about a story to share this month, I just couldn’t help coming back around to the friendships that blogging has brought into my life and how special {precious} those relationships have become to me. Sian recently hosted a “Great Big Swap of Very Small Things” and since that’s on my list of things to blog about as well, I thought I’d combine the two in this post today.
 
 
On a recent trip to California to visit my family, my brother-in-law, Brad asked me questions about blogging. “So, how do other people come to your blog? And what do you write about? And how do you get to know other people?” It was fun to explain the process to him, to tell him about randomly landing on an inspirational blog and leaving a comment, and having that blogger come back and leave a comment on my blog, and how friendships are built on commonalities such as scrapbooking, gardening, photography, family... I’m often amazed myself at how these friendships have come to be, and how in many ways I think that blog friends know each other better than a lot of people they come in contact with in person on any given day.

So when I received a package from Lisa-Jane as part of Sian’s swap this past week, I was struck by how well she knows me, even though we’ve never had the good fortune to meet face to face.
Lisa-Jane was so thoughtful with her selection for me, and I love how she labeled each individually wrapped package noting her reasons for thinking of me ~ my garden, Project Life, strawberries for my mom, Union Jack paper for scrapping my recent trip to England, and a cute turtle hand drawn by her son because she didn’t have any turtles in her own stash. It was perfect. In fact, it was precious
So this month, for Storytelling Sunday, I’d like to acknowledge and thank Sian for organizing the swap, and also Lisa-Jane for the lovely {and oh-so-generous} package of goodies she gifted to me.
I’m in awe of the magic and wonder of blogging, and the amazing people it has brought into my life.
You can read more stories over at Sian's blog...  :o)

16 comments:

Cheri said...

looks like a great package of stuff - indeed Lisa-Jane has been paying attention!

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely package,Deb....aren't blog friends the best!

Becky said...

What a lovely package to receive and yes, blog friends are the best!

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful package and certainly precious. I think that blog friends are very special in deed.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

hooray for blog friends! and that lovely package!

Anonymous said...

I think that blog friends are so special

Susanne said...

Yes indeed, the precious part of blogging is the sharing and swapping of ideas and thoughts and even occasionally scrappy bits and bobs.

Amy said...

Yep - blog friends are precious indeed!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I agree with everything you have to say today! I love my blog friends to the moon and back. And I also got a really cool package in the swap . . . just used it to make a collage, in fact.
Rinda

Sian said...

A huge cheer to everything you have said. You have put it so beautifully! I could never have imagined, when I started blogging, the places it would take me and the people it would bring me. What a joy.

Alison said...

What can I add?!..everyone else had said it so well...I feel truly blessed to have found all my blog friends
Alison xx

Irene said...

Deb, I am a true believer of "you get what you deserve and what you give you get in return". With that said, " you certainly are loved". Enjoy all those precious items.

Abi said...

Blog friends are amazing and it still baffles and astounds me how well we can get to know each other through words and photos on a screen. Magical.

Jo said...

I think you picked a great precious this month and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with all of those lovely things x

Miriam said...

This is such a lovely post deb, blogging is certainly precious to me now and a joy as Sian said.

Lisa-Jane said...

Heck I'm all teary now! When someone posts lots of layouts you kinda know what they like to use but with you I was a bit stumped at first until I really got to thinking. I'm so glad you liked the parcel and I will show Louis the turtle in the morning - he will be over the moon. Thank you for the card too. It made me smile so much today. Precious blog friends indeed xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...