Thursday, November 15, 2012

Super Easy, Super Yummy, Homemade Bread

Man, it's been a while since I shared a recipe on my blog.
Here's one for you that will make your house smell amazing,
your mouth super happy, and your body feel like it needs a trip to the gym.
It's that good.

Buttery Beer Bread


3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 12-ounce can/bottle of beer
1/2 cup butter, melted {or less...see note below.*} 
  1. Preheat oven to 375°
  2. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir with a whisk
  3. Add beer and stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated
  4. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour beer bread batter into pan
  5. Pour melted butter over the top of the beer bread batter {*whoa ~ that seemed like a LOT of butter, so I only poured half of it on top and the bread was still delicious!}
  6. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes
  7. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan 
{found the recipe here ~ changed it up just a tad}


I found a recipe in my collection {in my mom's handwriting} for beer bread that has only two ingredients:
2-2/3 cup self-rising flour, and one 12-oz can of beer
Mix and bake the same as above, and Mom's recipe has variations with it. One is to add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the flour before mixing in the beer, and I know that would be a winner around my house. May have to try that one next time...

Anyway,
I made chili to go with this bread and my hubby was a happy man.
{Oh...plus it was Sunday and he was watching football,
but I think the bread was the highlight...I think...}

Peace, love, and warm bread.
xo

11 comments:

Sian said...

I can almost smell it from here! It looks perfect for mopping up the juices from a good Irish Stew :)

humel said...

That sounds so delicious! I love fresh homemade bread :) Can't wait till I can cook again!!

scrappyjacky said...

That really does look delicious.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Baking is good for the soul! Glad you found some time to do it.
Rinda

Alison said...

Beer bread...definately a new one on me...but it looks delicious!!
Alison xx

debs14 said...

i think that recipe would go down a treat in this household too!

alexa said...

It looks delicious! DH would love this ... I might even try to make a gluten-free version too. Thank-you!

Margaret said...

And, conveniently, your goddess will go with that bread too.

Unknown said...

I hope you saved me a piece!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

PInning!!!! that looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Oh that does sound good and I bet it smelled heavenly. Fresh bread is a killer for me - I just want to eat the whole thing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...