Friday, November 16, 2012

Just a Quote for Friday


 {California autumn leaves}

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned,
worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual
experience of living every minute with love,
grace, and gratitude."
~ Denis Waitley

And a personal note because this quote feels so significant for me ~ For years I lived my life feeling sorry for myself and focusing on all the things I didn't have {a great childhood, a happy marriage, a job I liked, a nice car...}. When I started focusing on all the many blessings I had, everything changed for me. I highly recommend an attitude of gratitude as an everyday lifestyle!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

A wonderful quote and a great reminder to count our blessings on a daily basis. Lovely photo, is that Arizona? Somehow, I don't think of AZ being leafy ...

humel said...

A timely reminder for me, thank you :) Very true - there are always so many blessings when we look for them, and it's far healthier to focus on them than the things that trouble us and get us down :)

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Great quote and terrific attitude! (and I took almost the same exact photo of our leaves here last week. Great minds! ;)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I trying, dear friend, I'm trying! I think I'm a bit of the opposite; been so happy with my life for so long, it's hard to keep my chin up and see the good in all the sea of bad.
Rinda

Cheri said...

Yay for the attitude of gratitude! It's a much nicer way to live!

debs14 said...

I think we all have times when we focus on the negative rather than the positive, and this post is a great reminder that there are silver linings to every cloud!

Karen said...

You, my friend, have adopted that attitude with grace! I don't know anyone who does a better job of seeing the bright side!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...