Thursday, November 22, 2012

So Grateful for You

Thanksgiving this year will be bittersweet for my family.
We are oh so happy to be spending the holiday together,
but we will sure be missing our mom in the mix.
 

I printed and framed one of my favorite photos of Mom, and this will be a centerpiece among our activities for the rest of the week/weekend. We're going to keep a candle burning by it every day.

We'll be making Mom's signature dishes this holiday and in years to come, and we're all going to be wearing the aprons she made for us a couple of years ago as we cook our meal.


So, my mom won't be here in person,
but she will sure be with us in spirit!
 Wishing all of my U.S. friends a very happy Thanksgiving holiday!
I'm just so grateful for your lovely hearts and friendship.
{And for my International friends, even though you may not be
eating turkey today, I'm super grateful for each of you as well!}

15 comments:

Cheri said...

<3 you too!

helena said...

love that you all have aprons that your Mum made to wear and her holiday recipies.

Ruth said...

Marti is right there with you, I know it. Thinking of you all today with love. x

scrappyjacky said...

Thinking of you all.

Becky said...

I'm sure Marti is there with you - thinking of you all and sending my love xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

We have friends who always put their late parents' pictures up for Thanksgiving when they gathered. I'm thinking it's a nice tradition . ..
Happy Thanksgiving to you! I've got a give-away today you might want to check out.
Rinda

Karen said...

It's such a beautiful photo of your mother! I am thinking of you today, and know how hard these next few holidays will be. Grateful for your friendship every day!

Irene said...

She has a beautiful smile. Happy Thanksgiving.

debs14 said...

What a lovely way to honour your mum's memory. To know that you are carrying on her traditions wearing aprons that she made you is a sure way of ensuring that she is still with you in spirit.

Alison said...

I'm so glad to hear that Marti is still playing such a central role in your Thanksgiving plans...much love on this bittersweet day my friend!
Alison xx

furrypig said...

that picture of your mum makes me smile it is so happy. I love how Marti remains part of your family gathering, thinking of you all and wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving xxx

alexa said...

Such a very lovely photo of your Mum - and how special that you are including her in all your celebrations. Hoping there'll be joy too. :)

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all Deb.

Ginger said...

Hi Deb, I am just catching up on your blog :) That is a lovely photo of your mom, she has such a beautiful smile :)I know your Thanksgiving is over, I`m sure it was nice to spend it with your family.

PS - I got my iPhone and I`m just starting to play around on instagram, can you tell me what you are listed as :) this is so addicting!!

Ginger said...

Never Mind!! I just found you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...