Monday, April 16, 2012

A very turtle weekend.

Monday.
How in the world does Monday happen so fast?
Seems like it was just Friday night and I was sipping on this:
Which, by the way, was the worst margarita ever. Doug and I tried a new Mexican restaurant and it wasn't great. Haha - I laugh now thinking how we tried to "fix" the poor margarita by ordering an extra shot of tequila and that made it even more horrible. Oh well. Live and learn.

Saturday afternoon Carrie and I attended a Pinterest party hosted by our friend, Barbara. I made these individual 7-layer dip cups {see yesterday's post}:

Took these flowers for Barbara:

And finished another pinata for my mom's upcoming birthday party {more about these at a later date...}:

But the biggest news of all? Doug and I adopted a TURTLE!!! EEEEEeeeep!!! We are both really excited about this, and Doug spent most of yesterday afternoon working on setting up a little habitat for him. I'll tell you more about him tomorrow...
And with that, I'm off to chop some fresh veggies for our little shelled friend.
:o)!!!

Blessings all around this week, friends!

14 comments:

Cheri said...

What do the cats think of the turtle? Cute little fellow!

scrappyjacky said...

He certainly is cute. I always thought turtles lived in water....I'm now thinking I was wrong!1

Irene said...

Does turtle have a name yet? He is cute.

Mom said...

Great weekend followed by a great post. Please take me to Macayo's when I'm in town!! So happy you finally got your little turtle--he looks thrilled to be home! Lovin' the pinatas--you are so creative!! So looking forward to seeing all of you next week! Love you! xo

Jimjams said...

oooh How exciting - welcome to the turtle - does he have a name?

Lizzie said...

He's a dear little tortoise... I love his shell! What type of tortoise is he, Deb?

BTW, for benefit of USA and UK friends who may confuse each other... in USA, I think all shelled creatures like this little guy, whether land-dwelling, fresh or salt water-dwelling, are called "Turtles" as a general name - that's right isn't it?
But, in UK, we call salt-water turtles "turtles", fresh-water turtles "terrapins" - I think ... - and land-dwelling turtles "tortoises". Strange, but true! - or as near true as I can make it...

I'll be looking out tomorrow Deb, for your next exciting installment of the Turtle Times!

Anonymous said...

Love this post and especially love your new little shelled friend. In addition to what Lizzie has said above - Gracia still calls turtles or tortoises 'turtoises' a generic name for all shelled creatures.

The Scrappy Tree said...

Gorgeous little chap! And some beautiful pics :)

Beverly said...

We recently had some of the most awful margaritas as well :/ Welcome to the little guy, he doesn't know how lucky he is ;)

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Congrats on the new addition! It looks like a great weekend!

Alison said...

Like Jacky, I was thinking you were having a water-living turtle, but having read Lizzie's comment, I realise it is indeed what we call a tortoise! Can't wait to hear more about him
Alison xx

Amy said...

Snort! I love your margarita remedy!

The turtle has arrived - yay! Looking forward to getting to know this little one!

Margaret said...

A bad margarita is criminal! You need to have a good one to make up for it.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Deb,
I've been away enjoying a wonderful visit from our "newlyweds" this past week.
Looooove the adorable pinata you made for your mom. Kudos on that one. : )
But how exciting that you now own a "real" turtle instead of a "paper" one. : )
Mary Lou

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...