Tuesday, March 13, 2012

For my mom.

Mom {Marti}
March 2012

We had the great fortune to have my mom visit us this past weekend, and I just wanted to do a quick post about her today. On this particular day, she'll be receiving chemo {as she does every three weeks} and I thought a post today just might generate a few prayers and good thoughts floating her way. We would really appreciate it!

Looking at this picture is bittersweet for me. When I look at it I see a beautiful and healthy woman, but inside my stomach does a little flip-flop, knowing that deep down inside she is sick and it is so heartbreaking I can hardly stand it at times.

Her trip to Arizona was a good one in terms of being able to visit, but it was not without rough spots for her. But typical for her, she pushed through and toughed it out. She's amazing that way.

Thanks for thinking of her today ~ and every day.

PS: A note to Team Teal - My mom's birthday is coming up on April 29th. Just thought I'd put that out there.

15 comments:

Sian said...

Thinking about you today

Anonymous said...

Said a prayer, Deb!

Rhona said...

Saying a prayer for your Mum and your family and thinking of your Mum as she goes for more Chemo. Positive thoughts! xx

Lizzie said...

I do think of your mom, Deb and was thinking that it would be her birthday some time around now...
I hope her chemo has gone okay and will, of course, remember her in my prayers - you too! XX

Unknown said...

Love her!! xoxoxo

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

She is beautiful and strong! Keeping a prayer for her and you! xoxo

Irene said...

You have a beautiful and courages mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

furrypig said...

sending thoughts, prayers and hugs to you all xxx

Karen said...

I keep all of you in my prayers every day, but am sending out a few extra good thoughts today! She does look lovely!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of Marti, you and Carrie today xxx

Margaret said...

Take care, Marti.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh Deb,
This post makes my heart hurt for you and your mom. Definitely keeping her in my heart.
Rinda

Alison said...

Thinking and praying for you all today...keep the faith Deb!
Alison xx

Mom said...

Thank you, Deb, for the kind words and your sweet reminder to Team Teal. And thanks to all your blog mates for all their prayers and good wishes. You've brought tears to my eyes but also lifted my spirits. Love you so much! xoxo

Becky said...

Only just caught up with this today, but thinking of Marti and hoping everything went well yesterday. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...