Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments about our living room wall grouping in yesterday's post. :o) I'm glad you liked it!

So, this past weekend I was a busy girl, and I took a bunch of pictures.
Wanna' see? Come on in...

My awesome weekend started Friday afternoon when the mailman delivered this surprise, all the way from Chattanooga, Tennessee. My sweet friend Patty sent me her homemade blackberry jelly (delicious!!!) and basil jelly (can't wait to try it!), AND a sweet little heart shaped rock that she found at her sister's place. Love the package, love the friend!

All of our stores are selling pots of chrysanthemums and I couldn't resist getting this beauty to put out in our atrium.

We had Doug's aunt and uncle {who are our real estate agents and they hadn't seen our house since we got the keys 6 weeks ago!} over for breakfast Saturday morning. They brought us these beautiful mums for our backyard:

Had tea outside on the patio Sunday morning where the weather was absolutely perfect.
Coffee and tea followed by breakfast outside as well...

Watered my little start to a garden in a small corner of our backyard. So far just basil and some cherry tomato plants... {See the heart-shaped rocks along the front of my garden?} {Hey, Rinda, recognize that mushroom?!?!}

Made an amazing pumpkin dessert {I'll share the recipe later this week} and proceeded to eat a month's worth of calories in just two days flat. Holy smokes this is good stuff!

Added eight new members to Team Teal and packaged up cancer awareness bands to send to each of them. {It's never too late to join! If you'd like a band of your own email me at paperturtle{at}cox{dot}net.}

Bought new kitchen furniture that I am SOOOO excited about!!! :o) The table and one more chair were back-ordered and should arrive this week.
And that was it in a nutshell.
How was your weekend?
xo

11 comments:

Irene said...

What a wonderful weekend you had filled with beautiful flowers and great eats. Have a blessed week.

Sian said...

Breakfast outside? Wow! I do like the sound of Basil jelly - never had that - you have reminded me about my Grandparents and their grand jelly making weekends

Unknown said...

Ah-hem...you forgot to add "watched 'Something Borrowed' with Carrie" to your list.

And that picture of that cake made my mouth water - can't wait to get home from work so I can have another piece! :)

Mom said...

My, my, my! You out did yourself! Such great looking shots and wonderful sounding food and fun. Love what you're doing to your home and yard and getting anxious to see everything. Thanks, too, for your continued drive to recruit more members for Team Teal! Each person represents another prayer and positive thought and I appreciate it soooo much! Love you! xo

Anonymous said...

What a lovely weekend you had. We just chilled a little after a hectic couple of weeks and that was just fine by me.

traci said...

what a great weekend. i love carrie's comment. how could you forget that mom?

have a great week.

Amy said...

What a fantastic weekend Deb! I think we need a recipe for that cake too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Mine was equally fabulous. Both kids arrived home on Saturday for a week, and yesterday I hosted a baby shower for Sarah who is expecting in late December or early January. We had (and are having) a wonderful time. Your place is looking great, Deb!

Beverly said...

oh yum, can't wait for you to share that recipe! My weekend was glorious, time with my guys is always a good thing ;)

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

sounds pretty fabulous! ( and I would LOVE that breakfast outside! it is too chilly here in the mornings already!) enjoy your week deb!

humel said...

I love your weekend round-ups :) No breakfast outside for us, we've reached the 'cold and wet' stage of the UK year...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...