Thursday, October 6, 2011

Team Teal Shout Out

Back in March, I gave away these teal cancer awareness bands and asked for your support for my mom {Marti} and her battle against ovarian cancer.
This weekend I'll be traveling to California to spend some time with my mom and family. As my mom continues to fight this mean disease, I'd like to ask my Team Teal mates to wear your bands in support of her this weekend.

I'm going to order another round of teal bands, so if you didn't receive one during my first giveaway and you would like to have one now, please send your mailing information to me at
paperturtle{at}cox{dot}net
and I will make sure that you receive one.
Thanks so much for your love and support
and the kindness you have shown to my mom.
xo

Edit: Sadly, I no longer have teal bands to hand out. Team Teal lives on through my mother's spirit as she left this world on October 9, 2012. {I miss you, Mom!!!}

18 comments:

Alison said...

Have shot off an email asking for a band...have a great family weekend...love to you all
Alison xx

Ruth said...

Put me down for one, please. Tell your lovely mum to look out for happy mail! x

scrappyjacky said...

Enjoy the time together,Deb...and love to your mum.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Your mom is beautiful deb! You know we're saying a prayer for all of you.

Marti (Mom) said...

Thanks, Team Teal! Your prayers and love are so appreciated! And thanks, Deb, for keeping the ball rolling! xoxo

Sian said...

I'm wearing mine right now :) Have a good visit x

traci said...

have a safe trip. my prayers are with you and your mom. xo!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Will definitely wear mine this weekend. And I"ll face South-East and wave to you!
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Prayers being sent. Off to send you an email now.

Irene said...

My prayers go out to your Mom. Have a wonderful visit with her this weekend. Sending my info via e-mail.

humel said...

I'm wearing mine, my dear. Much love to your mom xx

Lizzie said...

Love and prayerful wishes to Marti - and you, Carrie and the family.
My band is here - I have't lost it. It's always by my desk. I will wear it!
XX

Beverly said...

Prayers continue to be with your mom and the family as she fights this. Have a glorious weekend enjoying each other. Godspeed!

Becky said...

Tell your Mum to look out for happy mail from me too! Have a lovely time with your family - have a safe trip xx

Heather said...

lots of love to you & Marti. have a fab time together xx

Anonymous said...

It's been right here next to my computer all along, and is now right back on my wrist again! Enjoy your time together.

Unknown said...

All my love to you and yours in this battle. The fight against ovarian cancer is very near and dear to my heart - my mother had it. Hugs all around! Enjoy your family visit.

Lady J said...

I came by via pinterest...and saw your exit-memo to 2011. Followed back to "team teal" and here I am, commenting on this post.
I was diagnosed w/ o-cancer on the 27th of October and I'm looking forward to my last chemo in 2012. If there are any teal bands left, I'd wear it with pride! :)
My prayers are with you and your family for 2012. Indeed, our good health is so important...and such a blessing we don't always value. Wishing you the very best,
Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...