Monday, October 24, 2011

This was my weekend.

It's Monday, dear ones.
Doug was gone this past weekend, deer hunting with his brothers. When I came home from work on Thursday there were flowers waiting for me, so I got to enjoy the beauty of a little "hunter's guilt" all weekend. {My SIL Laurie said she got flowers too.}
Since our boys were all hunting, I had my three SIL's over for Girls Night In on Friday and we tried that basil jelly that my friend Patty sent me. It was a huge hit! We all loved it.
The color of this jelly was so pretty - I want a sweater in that exact shade.
Softened cream cheese with basil jelly in the center - served with crackers. Oh, and wine...
Firefly Ridge wine because...well...you know...I liked the label!
Saturday morning I drank coffee from my favorite cup, and then cleaned up from Girl's Night In. {Me and my SIL's...we sure know how to have a good time...just sayin'...}
Took it easy all day on Saturday...
And I ate way more candy corn than I care to admit.
Oh, and I did some coloring for Mel's project. {loved every minute of it!}
And that was pretty much it. I ended up nursing a stupid head cold and did nothing at all on Sunday. I even missed my friend's Witch Hat Decorating party {insert pouting here!}. Monday has come around much sooner than I cared for it to... ~sigh~

Grace and blessings to us all this week!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the cold, but the SIL party sounds like lots of fun. I've never heard of basil jelly, but must look up a recipe as I still have quite a bit of basil on my patio. Your photos are wonderful!

Irene said...

The flowers were a great start to a nice weekend. Hope you feel better.

humel said...

Yay! Can't wait to see your colouring :) And hooray for time spent with friends and wine!!

Beverly said...

Sounded lovely until Sunday :( hope the cold is leaving you. Great photos of course I esp love the one of Whiskers :0 I am coloring "Mel images" today!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

sounds like a great weekend until you got to the cold part! feel better! xoxo

Margaret said...

Sounds lovely. Basi jelly! Is it savory?

scrappyjacky said...

Hope the cold soon clears up....but Friday evening and Saturday sound like fun.

Maria Ontiveros said...

A good weekend to recharge your batteries it seems.
Rinda

Alison said...

Sounds like a great Friday and Saturday... and I SO love your mug! Hope you're feeling better
Alison xxesprac

Clair said...

I always choose wine based on the label! And how cool is colouring? I'm sure that's why I love stamping so much.

By the way, I'm long overdue sending you a proper e-mail. Forgive me. I'll write soon x

PS Your cat could make me love cats :)

Bonnie said...

You have had a busy weekend!! I'm sorry that you were sick, though. :( I hope you feel better now!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Amy said...

Apart from the cold, and they are never good, the rest of the weekend sounds quite fantastic!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Sorry to read you were sick. Hopefully the Girl-Time and those lovely "hunter's guilt flowers" helped you get through. : )
I loooove what the Mr. did in your hallway with the beadboard. It all turned out awesome!!
M.L.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a really good weekend, well aside from the cold. Hope you're feeling much better this morning. That basil jelly sounds interesting.

Rhona said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me :) I've not heard of basil jelly either - interesting! Love the colour too :) Hope you get over the head cold soon. xx

traci said...

aside from the cold, what a great weekend. i never mind when roger goes away for a few days. it gives me an excuse to do tons of me things or nothing at all.

Heather said...

I want a cup like yours! What a fab weekend you had (except the headcold obvs!) and I adore all the Halloween candy & spiders :)
Great post Debs xx

Patty Chatt said...

So glad you liked the basil jelly!Sounds like you had a wonderful little party with your friends. Love the pics! And yes , the green jelly is such a pretty color :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...