Monday, May 17, 2010

Where in the world is PaperTurtle?

My husband and I spent this past weekend at our northern property with some friends...
(This is a picture of our little building where we store
our camp supplies, and also where Hubby and I sleep.
Look closely and you can see antlers on the rooftop...)

Taking pictures of some of the many wildflowers on our property right now...


And hula hooping... (me...not Hubby...)

Yes, we had a hula-hoop contest. Of the 5 of us, I came in third (that's me in the pink shirt), and little miss Molly (little girl in the red) was the ultimate winner!


Exploring nature...

Sharing food and friendship...
Good times...
This week in my life? SO much laundry that I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it! A custom order for 22 of these notebooks that must be in the mail by Thursday that I have not even started on. Diamondback game (Major League Baseball) on Thursday night with my brother and his fiance who will be here visiting from California. Shoot pictures and create post for the All About Me project to post on Friday evening. Family in town to celebrate my nephew's high school graduation with a dinner in his honor on Friday night. Barbeque and swimming at our house for everyone on Saturday. Plus this is a regular, full work-week for me. Phew.

So, if you don't hear much from me it's because I'm trying to keep my head above water! Can't wait till things slow down a bit so I can catch up on all my favorite blogs!

How does your upcoming week look?
Anyone want to come over and help me fold laundry?
:o)

16 comments:

humel said...

lol! I'll fold your laundry if you iron mine, deal?! Good luck with all that lot, hun :-) Glad you had such a lovely weekend xx

helena said...

well done on an order for 20 of those lovely notebooks. I'll keep the virtual turtles fed while you are busy

Unknown said...

Love the pics you took this weekend! :) I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Can't wait for all the FUN stuff that's happening this week!!!

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like a great time...some lovely pics...but I'll pass on the laundry,thanks.

melissa kaye said...

Aw, I like the wild flowers pictures and the hula hoops. I need to get myself a hula hoop again. ;) Glad you had a great weekend, Deb!

My week is consisting of: work, art journaling, hanging out with friends here in SA, an awards ceremony to attend for work, and Lewis's graduation. :)

~xoxoxoxoxo~

Becky said...

Lovely notebooks - good luck on geting 20 made! Love the wild flower piccies and it looks like you had a fun time. Don't stress over the washing - if it isn't washed they can't wear it and make it dirty again lol!

Ruth said...

I'll do your ironing, if you like? I like ironing ... my week will be of the same.
I love that last shot of the abandoned hula hoops.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - luckily my week is not as busy as yours! I'm picking up 50 exams tomorrow to start on my grading; laundry is a constant. Congrats on the etsy order! And I love the appreciating nature photo - so sweet (and a lovely shadow, to boot).
Rinda

traci said...

looks like you had a great weekend. and a great breakfast. yum. love the antlers on the rooftop. great idea!! good luck getting your order filled. i know you can do it.

Cate Brickell said...

I bought a hulla hoop last week... sadly, hubby is better at it than me ~lol~

Mom said...

In answer to your question at the beginning--PaperTurtle is very alive and on the run in Chandler, AZ! Breathe, Baby! Don't know how you keep up! It's all I can do to get things done and I'm retired! Save some of it and I'll help out on Thursday while you're at work--we're going to need something to do! xo

Sian said...

Am I allowed to say that I enjoy reading your mom's comments a lot?!

Great news on that custom order and I'm wishing you flying fingers to get it all finished up on time.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Looks like a great weekend!

Rhona said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your week. Hope it goes well!

Margaret said...

Float! Don't sink. (I'm feeling the exact same way, by the way).

Lizzie said...

The camping and hula-hooping sounds/looks fun. Not sure about all the laundry though - I had a "laundry fest" last weekend and got through 7 loads in 2 days! Started all over again today, with at least 3 more loads ready to do!!

Well done on the order for notebooks - that is lovely news. I hope you can get them done okay. I have a custom order for a Wedding Guest book. Having a little trouble sourcing the materials but intending to go to Milton Keynes soon, where I should find what I need, along with a paper order that is on its way from London!
Luckily the book is promised for the beginning of July, so I have a little breathing space...
Good luck with your notebooks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...