Monday, February 15, 2010

How I spent my Valentine's Day.

My day was wonderful, and I'll tell you about it in this post...but just let me say:
Hooray! Valentine's Day is over!!!
.
I loved it, had fun decorating for it, had fun
making treats for it, but I'm over it.
.
Moving right along...

♦ ♦ ♦

The Renaissance Festival is happening in Arizona right now as it does at this time every year (February - March). It's one of the largest festivals in the country!
.
The weather was just right yesterday - and it was Valentine's Day - so Hubby and I headed out for a day of sunshine and merriment. I didn't take my big-girl camera because I didn't want to lug it around all day (plus it can be pretty dusty out there), but I did get some decent pictures with my little point-and-shoot.

The colors. ~sigh~ I love the colors...


Great place to shop if you are a belly dancer! These are belly chains and the art work is amazing! Hundreds of metal rings and bells and beads inter-looped together. Me in the background holding a cup of adult beverage. :o}

Not sure what kind of trees these are, but they were in full bloom. Pretty, huh?

Me - acting like a tourist instead of a local:

I'm not as good at self-portraits as my daughter - always chop off someones head! Just after I snapped this the shop girl said, "May I assist you ma' lady?" She took a picture and it was awful of both of us so I'm posting mine instead. Me and my Valentine:

♥ ♥

12 comments:

Mom said...

Ahh, remember my experience at the Renaissance Festival a few years ago? Playing Maid Marion in the Robin Hood sketch? Embarrassing but fun! I also remember half the people there were carrying around turkey legs! Looks like you had a great time--love the gorgeous weather and beautiful sites! Lucky you! xo

traci said...

oh, all the color and sunshine in those photos. gorgeous.

that is a great photo of you and your husband. despite chopping some of his head off. it's hard to do, unless your arms were 5 feet long.

my nieces loved their journals and pencils.

humel said...

Great pics, such gorgeous rich colours! And I love the one of the two of you x

Rhona said...

Oh I'm so envious of your sunshine at the moment, we've got snow again as I type!! I'm done with snow and wish it would go away. Love the look of your festival, so bright and cheerful. Glad you enjoyed your valentines day with your valentine. :)

debs14 said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit. My exercise class is doing a belly dance class in a couple of weeks, maybe I should try and track down one of those belts! The colours in your photos are beautiful and it's such a lovely photo of the both of you.

sharyncarlson said...

Great photos! Oh how I miss warm weather and sunshine. It'll be months before it warms up in WI. I do love the Renaissance Faire - it opens by us in July. Can't wait!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Ah, Deb, I was really looking forward to a picture of you in a bustier with your camera stuck into your cleavage! LOL!

Nice self-portrait, I think. My DH is 6'7" tall, and he's always getting the top of his head chopped off in photos!
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOL, Rinda. Yeah, my hubby would like that too. We saw LOTS of cleavage yesterday and the funny thing is that the women who are showing it are usually the ones you wish would hide it!

Sian said...

Wow, did Rinda say 6'7" ??! That looks like a wonderful day out..perfect for Valentines day, and well deserved after all your hard work :)

Liberty :) said...

wow such gorgeous colours and love how the light blings off the top picture!!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Very cute! And it looks so warm and toasty. (it's snowing here, again!) Don't feel bad about the picture - you look great! I am never in any as I am always taking them. My husband has never managed to get my whole head in a single picture. Even on our honeymoon, total strangers had to intervene, or you would never know I was there with him! lol!

Ruth said...

Fantastic photos, such gorgeous colours. Lovely one of you and your DH.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...