Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let the decorating begin!

My niece's bridal shower is coming up this weekend and I have been busy adding little Valentine touches to our home. I don't usually decorate for Valentine's Day, so this is new for me, but I've decided that I love it and probably will decorate (at least a little bit) every year from now on.
.
This morning the sun was shining through the back door and onto these hearts I made and hung in our entry way last weekend. The photos don't really do them justice -- they're rather magical if I do say so myself.


PS: These hearts were made with a 1"x 12" strip of paper, folded in the middle and glued together with a piece of sewing thread sandwiched in for hanging.

15 comments:

Liberty :) said...

ooh...what do you do at a bridal shower? im getting married this year and feel we might have to try this american tradition out!!! lovely decor!

sharyncarlson said...

LOVE these hearts, what a great and do-able idea!

Rhona said...

Those hearts are really sweet, you are clever to think up these ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

humel said...

Oh, lovely :-) Lucky niece! Hope you all have a fab time x

Ruth said...

I'm going to have a go a making these, I love them!

debs14 said...

The hearts are so effective. Your niece is going to love the decorations! Have fun x

traci said...

looks so festive. what a wonderful time to have a bridal shower.

Lizzie said...

Lovely little decorations - rather like those nice Christmas ones but so pretty arranged as hanging sets! I hope you and your niece have a lovely party (that's what a Bridal Shower is, right?)
Happy Valentine's weekend!

helena said...

again you make the simple look wonderful - have a great time with your niece. I've been to a baby shower but never a bridal shower - so please do share the details next week

Maria Ontiveros said...

Adorable - what a wonderful day you are creating for your niece! I'm sure she will always treasure the day.
Rinda

MarleneMAZ said...

I love coming to your blog and getting all these crafty and baking tips. Thanks for sharing :)

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Very cute! I hope we see photos from the event - I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job! You have a very lucky niece!
And thanks again for the great giveaway! They came this morning in the middle of a blizzard. I posted on it this morning. They are as cute in person as they are in the photos!
Thanks!
Best,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous heart decorations Deb - what a lucky niece you have.

Jeanne Oliver said...

It looks so pretty. After seeing everyone's decorations I want to decorate next year too.

Sian said...

So pretty! I hope you have a wonderful time at the shower and a Happy Valentines weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...