Saturday, November 28, 2009

A little quiet time in between other stuff...

Having my entire family here in Arizona for Thanksgiving has been wonderful this weekend! We always have so much fun together -- so much laughter and silliness that my face muscles hurt! What a great feeling.

Here we are on Thanksgiving Day. We took several group shots with the self-timer and this is one of my favorites. The "serious" shots caught at least one person doing something goofy (note my nephew Cris on the right in this one). I love the happy faces of these people. I love these people. My people. ♥

The morning after Thanksgiving was set aside for me to spend some one-on-one time with my 4-year old niece, Presley who is visiting from California. This child LOVES animals and all she wanted to do was "help" me walk Carrie's dog Marcus. So we did. Thoughts popped up for me: "I really don't have time...I have so many other things to do..." and I pushed them aside. Thank you, Presley, for coaxing me into taking some time out.
.
Now I will post this and go into rush-mode. Hubby's party is tonight and there's lots to do! I'm thinking that later today I will be wishing that Presley was "helping" me walk the dog!
xoxox

5 comments:

Emilie Lynne said...

Wow! Your family is sooo big! I only had 4 people at my house for thanksgiving, besides me. I've never had a huge thanksgiving dinner. Is it fun to have all those people?

melissa kaye said...

Goodness! Your family does look BIG and wonderful. :) Glad you got to spend some time with Presley! She's a cutie. :)

~XOXO~
Mel

traci said...

i love that family shot!! those are my favorite. everyone being themselves. hope your husbands party went well. i don't know if i have mentioned it yet, but my cousing and his family live in chandler.

Deb said...

Yes, Emilie. I LOVE having LOTS of people around. I'm the oldest of 4. Then you add the spouses and kids...and a few friends in the mix...

Mel ~ Thanks! :o) Yeah, it was awesome spending time with Presley!

Traci ~ No, I didn't know you have a cousin in Chandler. Do you ever visit Arizona?!?!

The Norman Clan said...

You did not mention that Tim was not there... :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...