Sunday, November 29, 2009

And a good time was had by all!

All the preparations were worth it! I've been working on the details for Hubby's 50th birthday party for months -- even enlisted the help of my nieces on Thanksgiving to help with decorations. You can see their paper chain on the fireplace mantel in the photo below:

I printed pictures of Doug and attached them to playing cards then stuck them on plastic forks and into each of the centerpieces. I had 100 red dice to use as confetti on the tables (this actually ended up being a functional centerpiece because our guests had a great time playing dice games). Everyone went home with a handful of dice, and we still have a ton of them left!

photo by Carrie

Oh. My. Gosh. We had SOOOO much fun!!! Everything was perfect...not one thing that I would change about last night. Family. Friends. Fun. Laughter. And I won the blackjack tournament. (Was that appropriate for me to do since I was the hostess? I felt a little embarrassed.)

Tonight I'm deliciously exhausted. I've done enough decorating and cleaning up to last me for several weeks and the thought of pulling out the Christmas decorations doesn't appeal to me at all. Don't worry, I'll get over that quickly!

********

BTW, this is my 99th post! Watch for my first blog give-away on post #100! :o)

5 comments:

Lizzie said...

That looked like a wonderful party! It's fab when you work so hard on an event for someone special and it goes so well. I am glad you had such a good time.
The dice and playing card photo ideas are great (I may borrow them one day!)
Hope you soon recover from all the hard work and feel up to facing the Christmas Decorations - not long til Christmas now!!!

MarleneMAZ said...

I have enjoyed your posts about getting prepared for the party, glad it all worked out. My hubby's having his special birthday next year too, do I need to start
planning now :)

sharyncarlson said...

Yay!!! Looks like it was an awesome party! Happy Birthday to your husband :)

melissa kaye said...

Glad your party turned out well! Beautiful pictures..especially the red dice one. :) Good job, Carrie!

Jacie Ray said...

So glad everything went so well! I knew it would! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...