Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm not spoiled, just well loved! ♥

Remember the fireplace delemma I wrote about last week? I didn't like the brown, hubby (and daughter who always takes sides with hubby) LOVED the brown. Well, we met half way and here are some before and after shots:

Before:

During: ("Meow? A ladder? I MUST climb it!!!")

After: ~gasp~
I LOVE IT!

And, hubby likes it too -- says it makes the room look bigger. Daughter hasn't seen it yet...I wonder what she'll think...
.
And, I was right! I'm really happy with the gratitude banner now too. It was a subtle change, but I think it made a big difference.
.
Note to Connie: I need you to come visit me and help put a dark glaze on the brown that's left. I'm not crazy about the shade of brown, and I think a glaze would tone it down a bit and help bring out the texture. :o)

11 comments:

melissa kaye said...

That looks incredible! Glad you are happy with the turnout. :) I also noticed you changed your blog background..lovin it!


Mel

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow!!! What a gorgeous make-over!!

Gennifer said...

Very nice, and you were right! :)

Jocelyn said...

What a difference that makes, it looks brilliant you were right to want it changed.

Amy said...

I love it too. Small changes can make a huge difference!

Deana Birks said...

It looks great!

yellowsunnybear said...

It looks awesome! Glad your hubby was willing to compromise. Love your blog background also!

Mom said...

Great look! I love it! And as your mother, I'm so happy that you are well loved!!! xo

Anonymous said...

Love the new paint job. and the banner.... and your blog, for that matter! :-)

Escape said...

Have to say, I like the 1/2 & 1/2 compromise!! Love the brown but just having the bottom half is much more appealing. :)

And I love your Gratitude garland---very nicely done!

Lisa V
(ps---I'm in Gilbert)

http://happyplacecreations.blogspot.com

Jacie Ray said...

Hi Deb, just trying to catch up on my blog reading. I know it's been a while. I love love love your new blog background, so cool!! I have to admit I really liked the brown until I saw the after pic...What a difference!! Nice job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...