Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So very grateful.

Hello, my blog-world friends!

Well, I finished the gratitude banner I've been working on and I was a bit disappointed when I strung it across our fireplace and just didn't like it. I mean, it's grown on me, and adding the fall leaf garland to the mantle above it helped, but I'm just not as happy about it as I expected to be. Maybe I should take off some of the flowers I tacked on. ??? I dunno. Any ideas/suggestions?
This fireplace needs work anyway. When we moved into this house over 4 years ago, hubby got busy painting. I wanted a brown wall in the front room, which he gave me, but to my surprise when I came home from work that day, he had also painted the fireplace brown. {"Oh. Thanks, honey...'} At the time it was ok -- we were new to the house and I figured it would grow on me.
So, I really want the brown paint to be gone...like, yesterday. Thing is, hubby really likes the brown fireplace. Confession: there's a selfish motive here. My fantasy is that I'll LOVE the GRATITUDE banner if it's on a fireplace that isn't brown. :o\

I am SOOOO grateful to have a husband like Doug. He is sweet and for the most part, very accommodating to my whims. Last year about this time I asked for a red kitchen and he delivered, even though he wasn't keen on the idea. We'll see if that's the case with the brown fireplace. Stay tuned...

8 comments:

Mandymo said...

LOVE your banner!! We have a fireplace I hate too, one of those 1930's tiled affairs, yours is fab in comparison!

Emilie Lynne said...

I think it's pretty! I love it :)

Unknown said...

Dude I am with Doug. I love the brown fireplace. I think you need to give up on that one - what color would you want it?!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Dude, you're always with Doug because neither of you like change! Trust me, you'll like a neutral color on it lots better!

melissa kaye said...

Aww..you and your daughter are cute! My question is also Carrie's..what color would you want it? =)

Beverly said...

I like the banner. Maybe add a string of darker or colored ribbon across the top to ground it? (You can always drape it on before you attach to see how you like it.)

As to the fireplace ... I like the color. Maybe if you paint the top mantle piece the color you want it'll work? If not and it looks horrible, just think of it as an excuse to paint the whole thing! :)

Good luck with the class!

RobinDiane said...

The banner looks great! Good job!

Mom said...

Love the banner but won't touch the fireplace color debate! I've got HGTV now so I'm overwhelmed with ideas that I will never put to use! One of their decorators would probably cover it with native rocks!!!! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...