Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blog around the world

Here's something fun! Some fellow bloggers from the class I'm taking with Shimelle are doing a "blog around the world" post. Our assignment is to take a picture outside our window and then link to the next person on the list. Ruth, who lives in West London will be linking to me, and I'll be linking to LeaVon who lives in Mooresville, North Carolina.

Fun, right?!?!

The challenge
Create a post to "go live" at 10:00 a.m. New Zealand time - which ends up being about 3:00 a.m. on Saturday morning for me. :o} zzzzzzz And since a picture out my window at 3:00 a.m. will be very dark, here are some pictures that I took yesterday afternoon.When we bought this house over four years ago the backyard was one of the deciding factors. We love spending time out here this time of year. The weather is gorgeous (73 degrees today), and I almost feel guilty writing about it here on my blog - don't want to seem like I'm gloating or anything to those of you in much colder climates. Thing is, here in Arizona we are still rejoicing that cooler temperatures are finally here (down from 115 degrees all summer long!!!).

Now, head on over to LeaVon's blog and check her out. She's new to blogging, so leave her a comment and she will be very happy!!! (Actually, all of us bloggers LOVE comments!!!) For a new blogger, she's really got her act together -- lots of posts already and an adorable denim background design. From her blog you can continue clicking to the next one and join us on our blog-around-the-world journey.

Bon voyage!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

humel said...

Wow, I would love to spend time in your backyard too :-) Thanks for sharing x

Beverly said...

next time I visit I want to sit by the pool and bask in the sunshine :)

Amy said...

Deb, I covet your backyard - I grew up with a pool and we don't have one now ... something I think we will have to change!

JO SOWERBY said...

what a beautiful backyard, it looks amazingly green for such heat.
Jo xx

helena said...

I'd be in that backyard all the time if it was mine. thanks for being part of the blog party

Sian said...

Oh, a pool! Gorgeous. It would never get warm enough here for a pool. Looks lovely. Thanks for letting me have a look!

scrappyjacky said...

Great view....love to be there.

Anonymous said...

I'd love a dip in the pool!

Jools said...

I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous.

If I say it often enough do you think I'll start to believe it? Nothing but rain and grey skies in the UK today.

Christy said...

wish that was MY backyard! It's beautiful!

MonicaB said...

I'm jealous of the sun and blue sky! Your yard is lovely.

Margi said...

absolutely GORGEOUS view, that backyard would have been the deciding factor for me too!

MarleneMAZ said...

Love your backyard, hey I am close enough to pop over for a swim :)
Just got back from a class at Paper Vineyard so had to schedule my post, first time I have done that and I think it worked.

DragonsLady said...

Love your back yard. We visited Phoenix the end of September - was 103 the day we arrived and dropped to the high 90's the rest of the week. Thank goodness for air conditioned cars and tour vans.

Cheri said...

gorgeous pool! Nice getting to "know" you from class - still following you via Google Reader!

Angela2932 said...

All that warmth and beautiful sunshine looks so appealing! You have some wonderful photos on your blog. . . especially of that beautiful, chocolate dessert a few days earlier!

Unknown said...

Your yard looks so inviting! 73 degrees is summer for me. I don't function if the temperatures are above 80. That's why I will never live in Arizona :)

Tracy said...

That backyard looks awesome. And even though it is so far from me, it is more like what I see every day than what I have seen so far on our blog hop

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the peak into your backyard. If I had the uportunity to live in a dream world - I would pick a house in Arizona with a pool in the back yard.:)
Now - I do believe I have a second cousin with a house in Arizona - maybe it`s time to strenghten that connection:)
-elin-

Melissa said...

Great backyard, we could have used a dip in your pool this week.

Heather said...

Oh I am so jealous of your beautiful garden and pool and a little of you 'cooler' temperature would do my flu the world of good. Thanks for sharing :-)

Willow and Wattle said...

beautiful yard! Could just imagine sitting at that pool! :D

Ruth said...

I'm waving from West London, still doing the rounds! Lovely photos.

JJ Sobey said...

so jealous of that pool - and the weather you're having right now!

suddenly sahm said...

LOVE the blog around the world idea. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I enjoy seeing what you gals come up with. Cheers from Seattle.

traci said...

very nice. when are we going swimming?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...