Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekend Recap (plus Carrie's birthday)

Happy birthday to my girl C.
What's the best way to deal with the fact that it's already Monday morning? Why, it's to remember that today is my sweet girl's birthday. In true Gemini fashion, I think we actually start celebrating Carrie's birthday when the calendar page is turned to June. Today it's official and there will be presents and dinner out and birthday messages coming her way. Hooray! {Happy birthday, Carrie!}

I digress. Before Carrie's birthday there was this weekend...


Rexy is so shy that he usually retreats when we come around, but the other day when I fed the turtles I stood still long enough for him to become curious about my toes. He finally sauntered over and I'll admit that I was a tiny bit nervous he might bite my toes as he approached. Turtles do this thing where they nudge potential food with their nose before chomping down, and that's what Rexy did to my toes. Twice. :o) I love turtles.

I took Friday off, so I'm going to say that my "weekend" actually started on Thursday night. My nephew, Ryne, was in town from Nashville, so Carrie and I headed to downtown Phoenix to The Rhythm Room to hear him play. He performed solo first, then with his band, Ike & the Crooked Souls as a final act. So. Much. Fun!

Ryne is recently engaged to be married, and since he was in town it was the perfect opportunity to celebrate him and his fiancé, Emery. My brother and his wife hosted a party in their honor so that's where we were on Friday night.

My sister-in-law, Liz, did such a fun job with a game-night themed party. Every table had a different theme. Loved it!

And I loved being with my family again. My brother, Tim, lives here in Arizona but we hardly ever get the chance to visit. I got to see him three times last week and I loved it!!! And I love that Tim and my sweet hubby, Doug, are such good friends.
 

Saturday night involved a third night out (3 nights in a row!) for us to kick off Carrie's birthday weekend. We went to Top Golf and enjoyed the company of our sweet friends Vee & Heath. Here's Doug, swinging a club...


And all points in between? I was at yoga teacher training...


And doodling mandalas at yoga teacher training...





In other news, Doug tore all the walls off of our master bathroom this weekend. It's the only room that hasn't been remodeled since we purchased this home and boy, did it get the treatment this weekend! When he removed the drywall from around the shower there was some crazy growth behind it and at first glance we thought it might be mold. Instead, it was honeycomb from an old bee hive. Eeeow! It will be a while before everything is put back together, but it's fun to see that project started. I know Doug will make it beautiful eventually. :o)

And now I'm off to take on this new week with some potential changes brewing. You know I'll keep you posted as they take shape.

In the meantime, today I celebrate the 28th anniversary of becoming Carrie's mom. In all my life I can't think of anything I've loved more than carrying her and birthing her and nursing her and being charged with the raising of her sweet soul in this lifetime. It's been an amazing honor - every bit of it.
 
Have a really awesome week, blog friends.

4 comments:

debs14 said...

Honeycomb? Inside your walls? Eeek! That's got to be a first!
Sounds like you had such a fun weekend - even better when you get more than 2 days to relax!

Sian said...

You do such great celebrations in your family!

Patio Postcards said...

Oh those party tables look so pretty - someone put a lot of energy into those. Like your doodles :)

Oh a new bathroom, thankfully the honeycombs were empty.

Susanne said...

Belated birthday wishes to your girl. It sounds like quite a fun week filled with family - what could be better. Good luck on the bathroom remodel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...