Monday, June 22, 2015

It's officially summer - weekend recap

Good morning, blog friends.
"Welcome to another exciting edition of weekend happenings on PaperTurtle," she wrote sarcastically. "Doug was out of town, it was hot outside, I taught yoga and I drew mandalas."
 
{first cup of coffee consumed...}
 
Ok, it wasn't that mundane. You know, these weekend recap posts I do never fail to remind me how fortunate I am. There was beautiful sunlight, yoga practiced, pedicures with my girl C, and dinner/movie with a friend on Saturday. And on Sunday I drew mandalas. Come to think of it, I had a really great weekend! :o)


Doug and I came across some photos of our backyard when we first bought this house and wow what a difference! So much has changed back there in four years! I want to do a before/after post on this space...soon.
 

Our local grocery store had a great selection of roses on sale last week ($6.99/dozen) so I picked up this beautiful bouquet. They were tight little rose buds on Friday, and by yesterday each of them had opened to beautiful full roses. I think I'll pull at least one of these out of this bouquet to have on my desk at work for the next few days.
 
Item #1 - a bouquet of flowers
Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt

I spent a considerable amount of time with my mandala sketchbook this weekend, and my trusty sidekick, Whiskers Jay, was right by my side. He was a loveable pest every time I sat down to draw. I've recently been loving watercolor pencils, and the cat loves it too...

Yes, he's drinking my watercolor paintbrush water.

I'm in the process of scheduling my next yoga/mandala workshop which means my mind is pre-occupied with plans for a class theme. Now that I have that first workshop under my belt, I'm even more excited about the next one!

I'm also in the process of creating some simple mandala kits and plan to offer one up in a little blog giveaway soon. Maybe next week if I get my act together.


I'm in need of a little attitude adjustment, for sure. I know my morning yoga will help (maybe I should start practicing yoga before I blog in the morning...) but I also think I need a little retail therapy. Some new flip-flops and a sundress maybe... Yeah...I just decided...I'm going shopping on my lunch hour today...
 
Time to hit it. Have a great week, everyone!

7 comments:

Sian said...

Flipflops and a sundress? Lovely! Sounds like a great way to start the week

scrappyjacky said...

Enjoy the shopping!!

Ruth said...

Sian has said exactly what I was going to say! :)

Karen said...

Hoping to get a peek at the sundress and the flipflops! Have fun!

Becky said...

Saw the flip flops on Instagram! Sounds llke you had a good weekend :)

Audrey said...

Oh my goodness, Whiskers Jay licking your watercolor water glass......ha! It made me smile so hard!!! I mean, that could not be any cuter!!!!

Barbara Eads said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend---just the right amount of fun and restful activity! Your designs are always so beautiful. I am not at all talented when it comes to drawing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...