Monday, February 9, 2015

This Weekend's Valentine Party

Good Monday morning, blog friends.
And Happy Valentine's week to you.
Well, that might go down as the fastest weekend ever. It feels like I blinked and ~boom~ sweet memories. Ah...really sweet memories...


Carrie and I hosted our fifth annual Valentine party with our dear crafting friends. In the past, each guest brought their own craft project to work on, but we've discovered {as a group} that we love having a common craft to work on at our gatherings. We've created canvases and decorated boxes together, and this time we created Valentine banners/buntings/garlands.
 
Supplies were gathered and shared. We had such a fun time creating, chatting, snacking and just being together.


And of course, there were cupcakes...


Red velvet cupcakes by me, arrow cupcake toppers by Carrie. {She found the tutorial here.}


Helium balloons weighted down with a heart shaped rock. :o)

Candy. Candy. Candy. Candy.


Here's a look at my banner, and here's the part where I admit that I did not photograph anyone else's banner. How selfish of me. Ha! And shoot. I wish you could see what my creative friends made! It's always so fun to see how each of us takes the same general project and turns it in to our own unique creation. Next time...

We did our "I ____" exchange again this year. Each person brings five of one item they love and we exchange our favorites. So, everyone leaves with five different things that their friends love. I that Carrie always writes on the table cover what our favorites are. And I her cute handwriting. And I that she used a gold pen. And I totally her!



It's so fun that we have been hosting this Valentine party for five years now! We're already planning the next get together with our friends - maybe something for Easter if we're lucky. 

And with that I'm off to hit the yoga mat before I get ready for work. I have a busy week ahead, and I that I carry sweet weekend memories with me as I go.

Wishing each of you a week filled with wonderful things.

12 comments:

Ruth said...

One of these years ... I'm going to join you and Carrie for this event ... One of these years.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

well if the weather were not enough to entice me to AZ, you've gone and done it again! now I REALLY REALLY want to come over and play!

scrappyjacky said...

The cupcakes look mouthwatering....and I love your banner.

Susi said...

Looks and sounds like fun! Love the cupcakes as well as your banner. I made a Be Mine banner a few years ago.

Audrey said...

It always looks and sounds like so much fun!!! This year was no different. I love the cupcakes and Carrie's list on the tablecloth. So adorable. XOXO!!!

Alison said...

I love that you do this every year...so much fun! Xx

Karen said...

What fun! You remain the "Martha Stewart" of blogland!

Sian said...

Wow, the photos from your Valentine's party are always some of my favourites of the year. How much do we all wish we could be there!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I always look forward to this post, especially the five of something I love art.
Rinda

alexa said...

Such a lot of lovely things in here ... and I love the simplicity of those little white envelopes too. Glad you had such a warm and happy time together.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely post filled with beautiful things. I totally understand your not photographing other banners - when crafting I get so caught up in what I am doing that I forget to photograph what everyone else is doing.

Anonymous said...

Oh those cupcakes look so yummy. It looks like you all had a lot of fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...