Tuesday, January 13, 2015

This January I am...





Freezing. It's winter time in Arizona. And yet...

Watching the greens of spring flowers beginning to appear in our yard. Already!

Checking Instagram and Facebook constantly, hoping to see the latest photo of the brand new baby in our family. My nephew and his wife have a beautiful and healthy baby boy. {Carter}

Planning a trip to California next month to meet baby Carter.

Also planning a trip to Seattle in April for our 10th wedding anniversary. {I Doug.}

Feeling accomplished - I turned in my completed yoga teacher graduation package last weekend!!!

Looking forward to my next round of yoga teacher certification. I'm adding to my 200-hour certification with another 300 hours.

Sewing a quilt top and getting really close to finishing it!

Planning our fifth annual Valentine Crop with Carrie.

Baking nothing. Man I did a ton of baking in December so I'm kind of taking a break. But then...

Deciding what kind of cupcakes to make for our Valentine crop. {Probably red velvet...}

Decorating for Valentine's Day. {Ok, I hung a banner. The end.}

Reading "The Mandala Workbook" and really, really loving it. {Christmas gift...thanks, Carrie!}

Drawing mandalas instead of taking care of other responsibilities...

Learning to relax and be still once in a while. {A challenge!}

Gearing up to officially teach yoga. I'll be teaching regularly scheduled classes at a chiropractor's office beginning in March. Eeeep! :o)!!!

Taking one day at a time, but feeling super excited about the future.

15 comments:

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Come to NY and I will show you freezing! brrr! :) I would love to see spring greens popping up here. Those trips and the reasons for them sound great - congrats all around!

Ruth said...

I'll swap my London for your Arizona any day!
I'm doing my best to get back into a blog reading routine ... there's a lot for me to catch up on!

Audrey said...

Oooohhhh, an official class in March.....now that is exciting!!! You're going to be so great and your students are going to LOVE YOU!!!

Karen said...

I think you're entirely too busy to be cold! We've been loving the Florida weather, but head back to NY tomorrow. It was 7° there this morning. Ouch! My only consolation is we're coming back to Florida in March.

scrappyjacky said...

Hmmmm....I think 'freezing' may be a relative term [remember London]!!
So exciting to be starting teaching soon.

Alison said...

Great news about the classes!....and when I think I'm cold here I just think of my poor mum and dad in Scotland...in saying that our daytime temps have been unseasonably high, though I think we're dropping next week! Xx

Sian said...

There are so many good things in there, taking it one day at a time and savouring it sounds like the best of plans.

We have our first snow of the year here this morning. I'm a little excited :)

debs14 said...

Freezing? Ha ha ha ha ha! I'd love to swap our freezing for yours!

Ginger said...

Your January sounds and looks wonderful Deb! So many things to look forward to :)

Barbara Eads said...

I keep thinking that I would like to give yoga a try. But that's about all I've done about it. Maybe I should see if there's a tv version I can try at home before joining a class. That would drag me out in to the cold!! It's freezing here!

Barbara Eads said...

I keep thinking that I would like to give yoga a try. But that's about all I've done about it. Maybe I should see if there's a tv version I can try at home before joining a class. That would drag me out in to the cold!! It's freezing here!

alexa said...

Many congratulations on your yoga certification! I am sure you will be experienced as an inspiring teacher. Despite the cold and the lack of baking, it's good to hear your excitement about the year ahead :).

Abi said...

Congratulations on the job Deb! You will be amazing I am sure. It's so exciting seeing this new door open up for you. Thank you for sharing it with us. This looks set to be such a fun month for you! Lots to look forward to.

Beverly said...

Love the travel plans and I think most of us are staying away from baking for awhile. SmallFrye and I did make some chocolate chip cookies this morning but no real baking going on here. So excited that you have a yoga gig lined UP!!!!

Becky said...

Great to hear about your yoga classes in March. I bet the cold there is nothing compared with how cold it is here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...