Thursday, December 11, 2014

A quilt for baby Carter

Today I'm sharing a few photos of the quilt I made recently for my nephew and his wife. They're expecting a baby boy after the first of the year - my first official great-nephew (I'm already a great-aunt on Doug's side of the family) and also my mom's first great-grandchild. Oh my gosh, she would be beyond excited for the birth of this little one!!!

Don't you just love these colors? The baby's room is painted gray and is decorated with animals in this color scheme. I was so excited when I found this fabric!

I used a strip of washi tape as a marker so I could sew a straight line from corner to corner.






I can't wait to hold that little man next year, hopefully with this blanket wrapped snuggly around him.
 

12 comments:

Robyn said...

It's beautiful!!

What is that red polka dot line you have on the quilt in the the shot where you are machine quilting? I've never seen that!

helena said...

such exciting news and a beautiful quilt - love those animal friends. I was going to ask about the dotty line too

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) I added a caption to that photo in case anyone else is wondering. I used washi tape to mark a line from corner to corner so I could sew a straight line.

Sian said...

Grey walls and that gorgeous quilt? That's going to be one seriously stylish baby!

Abi said...

Those colours are so lovely. They will love it. The washi tape line is genius! I saw it and immediately knew what you were doing. My lines always go wonky when I am quilting! Thanks for the tip.

scrappyjacky said...

Such gorgeous colours,Deb.....and what a brilliant idea to use washi tape like that.
Love your seasonal blog header.

Karen said...

Wonderful news, and a terrific quilt! Your sewing skills shine again!

Susi said...

It's lovely, colors and all! I cannot wait to try quilting, I have all the goods but am a bit nervous about starting.

Alison said...

Love the colours! Xx

Audrey said...

So sweet and adorable, Deb ~ and it looks SO SOFT!!!

Rachel Brett said...

The quilt is beautiful Deb, I'm sure they will all love it :)

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous Deb. Love your idea of using the washi tape as a guide.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...