Monday, January 5, 2015

A quick recap of a super long weekend

Good morning, my friends.
And happy first Monday of 2015 to you!
I know I'm not alone this morning. I know that there are plenty of you heading back to work after being off for a while. A long weekend, maybe? Or in my case, two glorious weeks off for the holidays... sigh.


I felt it coming on Friday - thoughts of OMG this is my LAST official day of vacation... OMG... OMG... But I quickly decided that I didn't want to spend the last couple of days moping around because it was almost time to go back to work. I made the conscious decision to enjoy those last couple of days to their fullest. And I did.



I'm also trying to not dwell in a place of listing all the things I wanted to do during my time off that didn't get done. The places I wanted to go that didn't get gone to. The fact of the matter is that I did accomplish a lot of things that weren't on my list, and the bottom line is that I had a lot of fun not doing all the things that were on my list. Like, accidentally cleaning out my craft room closet while I should could have been working on something else...

Sewing on this quilt top...





And sitting outside {in a sweatshirt} soaking up some delicious sunshine while I still could...


So now I have used my morning free time for blogging instead of yoga but I'm giving myself permission for that this morning. Now begins the practice of yoga-off-the-mat. I'm off to re-establish a work routine, to see what little fires need to be put out at work, weed through a ton of spam emails (I get a ridiculous amount of those at work), and to see how my work friends fared the holiday break. No doubt there will be plenty of opportunity for many deep breaths on this, the first Monday of 2015.

We only get one chance to make this first week of the new year a good one.
Go get it!
And don't forget to breathe...

12 comments:

Alison said...

So glad you enjoyed the break...have. A good week at work xx

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you made the most of the break....even if some of it was different to what you intended.
And I do wish my garden looked that good in winter....it's just a sodden mess right now!!

Anonymous said...

Like you I had great intentions but didn't achieve all I wanted. I did have fun with my boy and girl and managed to establish a little dedicated craft corner - not something I have had before and started on the 'great declutter' in readiness for the next stage of the house renovation.

Abi said...

I love your attitude Deb. I have spent my day a bit mopey because I go back to uni this week. You have inspired me to enjoy my last day of holiday tomorrow! Thank you.

Audrey said...

Hi Deb, I hope work is going well today! I almost bought that Willow & Sage magazine (I saw it in your craft room picture). Do you like it? Have you made anything from it? It's not cheap so I would love feedback from someone else! Thanks!

debs14 said...

My first day back today after 2 weeks and it was horrible! The heating had been switched off over the holidays and it was freezing! We all sat in our coats all day.
Tomorrow I will be better prepared with many layers of clothing!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

For Audrey (and anyone else who wonders) ~ The Willow and Sage book is absolutely gorgeous!!! I haven't made anything from it (yet) but it is a real pleasure to sit and dream with. And, one of the designers for the book is the daughter of my good friend Barbara. Mykaela's work is beautiful!!!

Beverly said...

Re-entry is never fun :/ I love that you are embracing what you did do and not regretting the things undone.

alexa said...

Delighted to hear you've made the most of what you had - and envying you that sunshine! Hoping your re-entry has nice surprises with it too.

Sian said...

Breathe, yes, you are right! it's very easy to dash head on into that first week back. I hope you have a great one

Becky said...

Glad to hear that you had a great break and hope that your first day back was not too stressful!

Rachel Brett said...

Your garden is gorgeous, I'm so glad you enjoyed your break :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...