Thursday, March 27, 2014

Owl help you feel better.

I know, I know - corny post title - but just how cute is this little owl hot/cold pack?!?!


Our local friend, Jenn, made five of these owls to give as her "I this" gift exchange at our annual Valentine crop. FIVE of them! Carrie was one of the lucky recipients, and I was so taken by its cuteness that I just had to make one myself. Well I made one for my niece, Savannah.


I ordered the pattern from this Etsy shop and spent the week working on it off and on. It was one of those projects that I was so excited to finish - couldn't wait to send it on its way so my niece would have a little happy mail.


This little owl is filled with rice and gets stored in the freezer to be used as a cool pack. You can also microwave it for 60-90 seconds and use it as a heat pack. The back fabric is a soft and snuggly cotton flannel. I packaged her up and sent her to my local niece because I'm on a mission to send more happy mail to family members this year. :o)

I'm not sure I'll make a whole bunch of these like my friend Jenn
has, but I'm happy that I made this one for Savannah.
She's an owl lover, and she loved her happy mail.

11 comments:

Sian said...

That's a lovely little gift. There's nothing like a cold pack to help with a sore head!

scrappyjacky said...

That's so cute....I should make one for my DD who also loves owls.

Audrey said...

Oh my gosh, that is precious!!! Your niece must've been stoked to receive that. I made it out to a new-to-me quilting store yesterday and I may be taking a beginner's class in May/June (just waiting for the new schedule to come out!).

Ruth said...

That cute is enough to make anyone feel better immediately! Well done on the Happy Mail mission; I'm doing the same!

Karen said...

Cute title, cute owl! No wonder she liked her happy mail!

Susi said...

Adorable! Lucky niece! Awesome Aunt!

Amy said...

Good grief, that is absolutely adorable Deb!

Robyn said...

soooo cute!!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Another great gift. . . Clara loves her heating pad (cursed with monthly cramps, I'm afraid). This one is muc nicer.
Rinda

Beverly said...

totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable and what a neat idea for a hot/cold pack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...