Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Weekend Moment

I’m busy ruminating about the annoyances of my work week as I make a left turn into our cul-de-sac and then a sharp left into our driveway. Pressing the button for the third time, the garage door finally responds, and I have to brake in order to let the door rise enough to accommodate my car.

I shift the gear into park and remove the key. I wince as the metal of my car key stings my hand, having heated up in the ignition on my drive home. "Damn Arizona summer heat,” I think to myself. “It’s going to be a long summer.” I grab my purse from the passenger’s seat and the rest of my belongings that come home from the office on a Friday afternoon – my day planner, my water cup, and the week-old apple that wasn’t consumed this week.
I step out of my car and into our sweltering garage, dropping the apple and watching it roll under my car. “Oh!My!Gosh!” I say out loud. Oh.My.Gosh.
Fumbling with my hands full, I turn the door knob and enter our kitchen where Lucky awaits on the door mat just inside. Suddenly, I feel the stresses of my work week and the Arizona heat melt away.


My handful of belongings finds its way to the kitchen table, and with free hands and a happy heart, I bend to give Lucky a pat on the head. “Hello, happy dog,” I say, now with a different tone…
Hello, weekend.
♥
I'm linking up with my blog friends today over
at Alexa's blog Trimming the Sails.
You can read more moments from around the world
by clicking here.

17 comments:

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

I always think Lucky looks like he is smiling and your photo totally made me smile too :o)

Alison said...

Have just had a lovely catch up with your last few posts...I have NEVER seen a dog with such a happy face!.....and your pics of your niece are so great!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

You've just got to love a face like that!!!!!

Karen said...

Great moment to capture! I know we've all been there. How lucky to come home to a friendly face!

Audrey said...

What a great post! Lucky's sweet face melted me. Such amazing eyes...

Irene said...

Lucky you to come home to a big smile from your best friend.

Maria Ontiveros said...

This is so sweet! I don't think I've ever seen a dog smile like that; paired with those other worldly blue eyes, no wonder he melts your heart.
Rinda

helena said...

just the tonic for the end of a frustrating work week - his big eyes and smile are adorable

Sian said...

I can just feel your shoulders relaxing by the end of this post!

Abi said...

Lucky is just a wonderful dog. Those eyes!

Miriam said...

Oh that face! How could you not feel your cares drift away with a pat on the head of such a gorgeous dog!

Rhona said...

I don't think you could help smiling at that face - he certainly is one of a kind :) xx

Cheri said...

Stressful jobs should be outlawed so that we can have that "just entered the air conditioning and petted my happy puppy" feeling all the time!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Seeing Lucky's smile after a hectic week must be a real pleasure. I love that photo.

Beverly said...

And who's stresses wouldn't melt away looking at that sweet face?!

Anonymous said...

What a great greeting - it brought back memories of how our dog used to greet us.

Jen said...

What a wonderful welcome home that face must be - he so looks as if he is smiling. J x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...