Monday, December 10, 2012

10 Photos From Our Weekend ~ on the 10th

Merry Monday, blog friends.
Oh, what a busy, busy, busy weekend we had around here. And since this Monday falls on the 10th of the month, I'm linking to Shimelle's 10 on the 10th post today. Let's do it...
* * * * * * * * *
We don't go crazy with outdoor lights, but every year our house gets a sweet strand all around the top. This year Doug decided to spruce it up with some icicle lights instead, so he spent a good portion of his weekend untangling, nailing, and figuring out electrical plugs.

I did a major grocery store run on Saturday morning and stocked up on stuff for baking. Phew! That's a lot of sugar goin' down at our house!

Not everyone around here was busy and/or helpful this weekend...

I was up before the sun on Sunday, and I got right into decorating the tree that we had picked up on Saturday.

I made this little pine tree bouquet for Carrie:

And gifted a loaf of pumpkin bread to my SIL:

Got to spend time with this adorable little tyke taking pictures of his first Christmas time.

Let there be lights: {Thanks, Doug! xo}

Man, Christmas is a nostalgic holiday. We have so many ornaments that belonged to Doug's mom, and this year I was touched by how many Christmas items my own mom passed along to me. She made this cute tree skirt for us a few years ago, and I hugged it tight when it came out of the box.

Doug's mom loved bears {like, even more than I love turtles} and we have a few of her bear ornaments on our tree. See what I mean? Nostalgic.
Christmas has officially arrived at our house, and I couldn't be happier. I had a moment of freak-out yesterday morning, feeling so overwhelmed with things-to-do-places-to-go but then I took a deep breath and calmed it down. I still have plenty of time to do the things I want to do before Christmas, so there's no need to panic just yet. Not just yet...

And with that, dear friends, I'm off to enjoy the upcoming week.
Wishing each of you a holly jolly journey to Friday.

12 comments:

Beverly said...

What a beautiful little tyke he is! Love that your 10 caught us up on the weekend. You just need to get to my attitude, I no longer freak out, if it happens/gets done..great, if not Christmas still comes and is wonderful ;)

Rhona said...

Looks like you had a busy/festive weekend. I love that you have reminders of both your Moms on your tree, they'll be close by this Christmas :) We also put our tree up this weekend - it's beginning to feel more festive here too! xx

Becky said...

A very festive weekend! We put up our lights and tree too and as we were putting on each decoration we seemed to have a memory connected with it. It is lovely to be able to share Christmas this way with those who are no longer with us. Wishing you a lovely week (and enjoy your baking!).xx

Cheri said...

So I totally lifted your idea and posted ten photos from my trip to Longwood Gardens! Glad you are feeling festive!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Enjoy! Everything looks terrific and boy what a cutie you have there! The lights aren't on the house, but the dining room is the last room to finish and the wrapping is nearly done so we are in good shape I think!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a very full weekend and got a lot done. I love pulling out all the old decorations that were my Mum and Dad's. After losing 2 of them a couple of years ago I realized that they were getting so fragile and now I usually put them in a bowl to display on our table.

ClaireS said...

Love all the decorations! Sounds like a busy weekend - hope you'll post some pictures of whatever bakes you have planned :)

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Lovely to see how other people get ready for Christmas. The simple string of white lights looks so pretty around your house. Do you have a flat roof? I love getting out the mish mash of ornaments each year. Almost all of them have a memory attached.

Irene said...

What an adorable little Boy. Ornaments are nostalgic and can brighten your day and adorn any tree. Have fun baking.

Karen said...

Just gorgeous photos, but I especially like the one of Doug hanging the lights! I love decorating for Christmas, and am really enjoying the season despite all there is to do.

Ginger said...

Hi Deb! Those are beautiful photos of your Christmas decorations, including the little guy! Looks like you had a full weekend!

I have to tell you I am so in love with instagram! It is such a fun way to share photos and see what friends are up to! Can you believe I already have 300 photos on my iPhone? Sheeshk! Now I understand what I was missing out on :0)

Alison said...

There are so many memories attached to Christmas ornaments...I still have the ones that the kids made at school and they REALLY bring back memories
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...