Monday, November 5, 2012

Wedding Weekend Recap

Good day, blog friends.
♥ ♥
Today I have just a few photos from my nephew's wedding in California this past weekend. Oh my gosh, we had such a great time! The wedding was absolutely beautiful, weather was perfect, and spending time with our awesome family was just what our spirits needed.

The wedding and reception were held at Clovis Castle ~ a wedding venue on the outskirts of town. The rolling foothills made a stunning fall backdrop for this beautiful occasion.


This boy wanted to get dirty SO bad! I believe he managed to actually stay clean for the entire evening.


There were sweet little reminders that my mom was with us in spirit. Can you see the cross illuminated on the hill below? A few minutes after I took this photo the sun had dropped just enough that the cross was no longer visible.


My nephew wanted my brother {his uncle, Godfather, and friend} to perform their wedding ceremony. Tim did a beautiful job, and it was so lovely to witness a bride and groom exchanging their vows in such a loving and personal ceremony. It was awesome!


This is what love looked like this weekend: Cris and Mandi
♥ ♥

Wow, so that was a whirlwind weekend with tons of love, laughter, photos, food, family, and driving. My head is a jumble of "things to do" as we prepare to host Thanksgiving dinner at our house in two and a half weeks! I'd love nothing more than to sit in front of this computer, editing photos and catching up on blogs today. Time to hit the yoga mat and get myself focused for a busy work day.

Wishing each of you a week filled with love,
laughter, photos, food, family, and very little driving.
:o)

15 comments:

Sian said...

Every detail looks wonderful! What a beautiful bride - and what a stunning dress. I'm so glad that you were able to go and enjoy a happy family time with everyone x

Cheri said...

Looks gorgeous Deb! So glad you had some really happy family time!

scrappyjacky said...

It looks wonderful,Deb....so glad it was such a good family weekend.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love how you captured the wedding but also the behind-the-scenes. The images that linger in the mind of some one who loves taking photographs.
Rinda

humel said...

I am so pleased that it was a special weekend for you :) The cake is gorgeous, as is the dress. Love your photo story of the day! I hope you get some time to rest and catch up this week xx

furrypig said...

what a great weekend and lovely photos. The wedding cake and all the cupcakes look amazing!

Irene said...

Congratulations to the beautiful couple. Looked like a wonderful weekend for your family. I really like the saying you posted above the couples picture. "This is what love looked like this weekend." Wishing them many happy years full of love.

Becky said...

What lovely photos - everyone looks so happy, so glad you were able to spend some happy family time together xx

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

COngratulations! Loved the photos and so happy for you all. LOVED the cross photo. xoxo

Lisa-Jane said...

What a gorgeous dress?! It looks like a beautiful day was had by all.

Pure Ella said...

Oh gosh I love weddings ;)
That cake! Wow ;)
And the kissing photo - Love it!
Glad you all had fun.
Looks beautiful.
xox
Ella

Karen said...

Everything about that wedding looks lovely---and what a stunning couple! You so deserved this wonderful weekend.

Margaret said...

Leave it to me to focus on the cake, but the cake loves fabulous!

(PS: I'll get you a goddess!)

Alison said...

So glad to hear you had a weekend filled with love and family
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

It all looks so lovely Deb. I don't remember Clovis Castle from the days when my in-laws lived in Clovis - I'll have to go google it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...