Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cupcakes and Politics

This morning in America {and in our home}, folks are divided into two groups:
really happy, or really...well...not happy.
I've never been so glad to see a Presidential election behind us
{wait...I take that back...the past few haven't been much fun either...}
and I'm hoping beyond hope that everyone can just settle down now
and well...just let it be. {Can you tell I'm treading lightly?}

Not every decision is as easy as choosing which cupcake to have...
{Come to think of it, that wasn't so easy either...}

 

And after all is said and done, no matter which cupcake {or President}
you choose, this planet is still a pretty amazing place to be.

PS: For the record, I did not make these cupcakes, but I would love to be this good at frosting some!

10 comments:

furrypig said...

wow what an amazing array of perfectly decorated cupcakes! Great photos what a great day it must have been xxx

Sian said...

I would too!

This is the best take I've seen on the election all day :)

Cheri said...

I'm not in either camp (happy or unhappy) - I didn't really have any skin in the game this time as I didn't care for either choice, although I did vote. I'm in the "thank god it's over" camp!

scrappyjacky said...

I think I'd have found the cupcake choice far more difficult than the President choice....though I imagine you could possibly have chosen more than one cupcake!!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

I think this was one election I am definitely glad to put behind me. Though it seems I still need to avoid some people's FB rants. The cupcakes, though. THERE is a choice right up my alley.

Barbara@Sweet Serendipity said...

Love your cupcake photos! Thanks for something so visually happy!

Amy said...

I was going to giggle but in some ways I am supposing that this has been no laughing matter for so many in the US.

Absolutely gorgeous cupcakes!

Alison said...

Loving these cupcakes!
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm willing to say that I'm delighted today - I feel like we dodged a bullet!
Rinda

Karen said...

I'm also so glad the election is over. Because NY was not a contested state for the presidential election we avoided those ads, but the local ones were as negative as I've ever seen them, and left a bad taste in my mouth about all the candidates. However, I am forever grateful that I can vote without any fear of reprisal. Like Sian, this is the best take on the election I've seen, and those cupcakes are fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...