Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Flowers, my kitchen, my cat, and my mom.

See that on my blog banner?
"...little bits of random"?
Well, here we are, folks.


I've been known to buy flowers for myself, quite frequently. My standard picks are daisies and sunflowers, or mixed spring bouquets, but never roses. Well, last week my grocery store had these beauties and I just couldn't resist them. Doug seemed a bit surprised when I brought them home and I assured him I won't make that a habit - I'll save the rose buying for him. ;o)

Don't you think they look pretty on our kitchen table?

Little miss Fancy Jane occupies my chair most of the time here lately. I've been known to sit across the table rather than booting her out of my her spot. Spoiled kitty.

And here's the part about my mom:  Every three weeks my mom gets chemo, and today is one of those days. Her doctor added a new medication to the mix of chemo drugs last time and it was really hard on her. We would sure appreciate a few extra thoughts and prayers today and over the next week(+) as her body processes this new medication. Thanks, friends. And go Team Teal!!! xo

Oh how I would love to spend a slow morning here in my kitchen, chatting with my mom {or you} and sipping on a glass of iced tea. But alas...it's time to get ready for work.

Happy Tuesday, everyone.

16 comments:

Becky said...

Thinking of Marti today xx

traci said...

i will add her to the prayers. you too. it must be so hard not being with her. xo!!

Cheri said...

That kitchen shot looks like it is straight off the pages of "House Beautiful" magazine! Thinking of your Mom today. Hope the chemo is less stressful on her this time!

Irene said...

Wish I could sit at your kitchen table sipping tea with you. Love that pop of red color. Always keeping your mom in my prayers.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Will definitely be thinking of your mom; your dining area is gorgeous!
Rinda

Anonymous said...

I would love to be in your kitchen today to sip iced tea, give you a hug and say a prayer for Marti x

scrappyjacky said...

Will certainly be thinking positive thoughts for your mom.
The roses look gorgeous.....and I'd love to be drinking iced tea with you....I'd even love to have the weather for drinking iced tea....it's raining again here [sigh].

Sian said...

Definitely thinking about Marti and all of you too today!

Rhona said...

Thinking and praying for your Mum and the rest of the family. Hope the chemo doesn't leave your Mum feeling too bad today.

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Thinking of you all during these tough times xx

Denise said...

I would love to be there sipping a HOT tea! and I am thinking very very much about you all-and sending Marti positive loving thoughts x x

Karen said...

Positive thoughts are on their way to you and your mom. I know how hard it is to be so far away when she is hurting.

Alison said...

Prayers for you all Deb!
Alison xx

Alison said...

Prayers for you all Deb!
Alison xx

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

I will definitely keep you all in our prayers! love your pretty kitchen! (mine is a nightmare!)

Mom said...

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers and love. Feeling the punch today so I'm glad I took the time to read the blog. Now, back to bed....Love you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...