Monday, April 30, 2012

My Mom's Birthday Weekend Recap

Hello, blog friends!
Thanks so much for your lovely birthday wishes for my mom this past weekend. We had safe travels, and a great time visiting with our family. Unfortunately, I didn't take as many photos as I should have - just too busy having a good time visiting to pull out the camera here and there. So, I'll post the few Instagrams I took over the weekend and call it good.

Road trip snacks and project supplies:

Pinatas packed and ready to go: 
 
I made tissue paper flowers for party decorations during the drive over. When I ran out of tissue paper I counted the flowers and there were exactly 70! {Mom turned 70 yesterday.}


Doug kept himself busy with crossword puzzles:

I started fluffing a few of the tissue paper flowers, but quickly realized there wasn't enough room in our car to do all 70, so I held off and waited until we were at Mom's party venue.

Gorgeous azaleas at my sister's house:

Breakfast at IHOP on Saturday morning:

My niece Britny with Carrie - waiting to see the play that my niece Presley was in on Saturday afternoon:

Fast forward - my nephew Stone at IHOP on Sunday morning, celebrating his grandma's birthday with whipped cream on his pancakes:

And the birthday girl {yes, IHOP served her ice cream with a candle after breakfast}:
♥

And with that I'm off to tackle the week ahead. I have a stack of birthday cards on my kitchen counter waiting to be opened tomorrow {I've always loved that my birthday is two days after my mom's!}, and this coming weekend we'll be celebrating Doug's dad's 80th birthday. Is it any wonder that this is one of my favorite times of the year?
:o)

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Was thinking of you all. x

Beverly said...

I love the photos and the fact you don't have tons just shows you were totally immersed in the festivities and that...is a good thing :) When I saw the photo of you folding tissue paper in the car I wondered how you were going to fluff them all and have room for the driver to see lol Very cool that there were exactly 70!

traci said...

thank goodness for phones with cameras. sometimes it is just to hard to pull out the big boys. looks like you had a wonderful weekend. who doesn't love ihop. mmmmmm.

Cheri said...

So glad your Mom was able to have a wonderful birthday weekend surrounded by family!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love that last photo. I hope your mom got my card in time - I sent it a bit late. I guess it balances out against how early I sent yours!
Rinda

Mom said...

What a great weekend! To all of you who sent cards--thank you so much! I'll do proper thank you's later. Thank you, my DD, for all your artistic contributions--the pinatas and flowers added an amazing festive touch! Love you and miss you so much!!! xo

Sian said...

It sounds like a very special birethday weekend. I have been baking a giant birthday cupcake for an upcoming party today and thinking about you all

Unknown said...

I had such a fun weekend with you! Super bummed today that it's over. Love you and looking forward to celebrating you tomorrow!! :)

Alison said...

So glad you all had a great time...
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

So glad it was such a wonderful weekend....though how you managed all that crafting in a car,I don't know!

Margaret said...

Happy birthday, my friend. Have a great day. Glad you could be with your mom. Sounds like a great weekend.

Mom said...

It's almost your birthday!!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...