Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Butterflies from my mom (+ one)

My one little word for 2012 is BUTTERFLY,
for this project before my birthday on May 1st.


I was so happy when my mom decided to get involved and made these two adorable butterflies. The one above is cut from the February Starbuck's cup that I saw for the first time during a visit to California to see my mom. I just loved the design on the cup, and I thought it was oh so sweet and clever of my mom to fashion a butterfly out of it!

The one below is from my mom too, made out of cardstock and looking so cute sitting on my tomato plant. :o)


And here's a sweet surprise ~ I met a lovely woman by the name of Denise through participating in Dolly Donations. She emailed me, joined Team Teal, and also made a butterfly to add to the mix. Good things happen every day.

{Denise's photo}

You can check out my original post {here}. If you have made a butterfly and have posted it on your blog, your name should be on the list of links at the bottom of that post. If I have missed you, please let me know and I will gladly add you to the list of links!
xo

12 comments:

Sian said...

Hurray for the butterflies! They are really lovely

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous butterflies.

debs14 said...

Perfect colours in this latest one! How clever of your mum to incorporate the design you liked into the project too.

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

They all look so pretty. I must email you for your address, so that I can send you my contribution, after the Easter holidays :o)

Stephanie @ Dreaming la Dollce Vita said...

Beautiful! I have to remember to make one for you!

Jo.C said...

Mine's on it's way and will blog about it soon. These are beautiful - love the starbuck's one.

Alison said...

WTG Marti and Denise! I actually got around to posting mine to you this morning, but you know how long mail can take from here!
Alison xx

Mom said...

Wow! Denise is a true artist! I still think my orange and black one failed miserably as a butterfly and looks more like a moth! Love the project and love you! xo

Unknown said...

Pretty butterflies!! This reminded me that I need to get to work on one too...

Amanda said...

Lovely butterflies from your Mum. I too posted mine today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they reach you in time for your birthday.

Beverly said...

Butterflies are on my list for next week, your mom got very creative :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the top one - such great colors.
Rinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...