Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish Cream Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!


Doug and I love Irish cream. In fact, we have a bit of history with the stuff on an infamous camping trip years ago. Let's just say that as a couple we have learned that a little bit of Irish cream is good, a lot of it is not so good, and we'll leave it at that. ;o)


Anyway! When I came across this recipe on a sweet blog I follow {lick the bowl good}, I knew right away I had to try it out. I was looking for a recipe to make for St. Patrick's Day so the timing was perfect too.

Oh.My.Dangerous, people. These things are fantastic!!!

The recipe called for cappuccino chips and I went to four different specialty stores looking for them to no avail. I settled on white chocolate chips, then doubled the recipe and made mine into {16} cupcakes. I've heard no one complaining!


I used just a little bit of frosting/glaze on top rather than going with
the usual big ol' swirl. These cakes are really rich on their own.
And, I couldn't resist adding a couple of little tags to a few of the cupcakes.
"They call me lucky" is a line from a silly and totally immature joke we know,
and "Always after me lucky charms" is a line from Austin Powers.
{Haha. I amuse myself sometimes.}
:o)
Our camping trip for this weekend was cancelled due to weather,
so we're having our camping bunch over tonight for a camp food dinner
and fire in the backyard. Are you having any fun on St. Patrick's Day?

19 comments:

debs14 said...

We don't celebrate St Patricks day really in England but if you like Irish Cream you need to check out my cheesecake recipe in the recipe tab of my blog :-)

scrappyjacky said...

Sound good,Deb.

Cheri said...

I'll pretend I didn't see the cupcakes. But isn't "Always after me Lucky Charms" the line the little leprechaun guy would say for the "Lucky Charms" cereal commercial? I think Austin Powers stole it.

Becky said...

Love Irish Cream! Have a bottle in the cupboard so might have to make these :) Have fun with your friends! We have a couple of friends coming over for dinner tonight - looking forward to seeing them as haven't seen them for about 4 months.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

^ Yes, Cheri, but it was never funny when the Lucky Charms leprechaun guy said it. ;o)

Lizzie said...

Yuuummm... I'm not allowed Irish cream drinks (the cream), but I do like them... The cupcakes look great - enjoy them!
Pity about the camping trip, but how great that you're still having fun this weekend.
Have a great time! X

Beverly said...

oh, I bet those are delish! I much prefer the little leprechaun to Austin Powers lol Sounds like ya'll have a great plan B for tonight :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Looks totally yummy! I think cupcakes are better than cake in general. The original blogger said those chips have been discontinued, I think. Love the little tags.
Rinda

Maria Ontiveros said...

Forgot to add . . .
Irish Cream donuts???
Rinda

Alison said...

I have a tale about 'Irish Cream' too Deb...I can't even stand the SMELL of the stuff now!! Have a great night!
Alison xx

Monica H said...

Your cupcakes look fantastic! I'm so glad you liked them- hope your friends do too! Have a happy St. Patty's Day!

~Monica h

Monica H said...

Oh, forgot to mention that you can order cappuccino chips from King Arthur Flour. They're a little smaller than those from Guittard, but I'm sure they're just as delish!

Sian said...

Anything Bailey's flavoured is good with me :) Happy St Patrick's Day

MIM Creations said...

So glad you posted this...your cupcakes looked amazing, so I got the recipe from the other blog and made the "cake" version. AMAZING! And you made it so easy for me! I owe you! Hope your St. Patrick's Day was a good one!

Unknown said...

These were so so yummy and I'm very mad at Doug for eating my secret extra one.

Karen said...

They look so yummy! We celebrated in Canada. St. Patrick's Day is also Tracy's birthday.

Margaret said...

With a name like Finnegan you have to do up St Patrick's right. Alas, I had to work. I don't think I even remembered to wear green.

Denise said...

We don't really celebrate St Patrick's Day - although it's a good excuse for himself to have a Guinness!! Hmmmm - Irish cream and me are very good friends xxx

Mom said...

Never had Irish Cream but I'm Irish at heart! And we didn't really celebrate but we did have Presley and Stone so that made it a holiday of sorts! Great looking cakes, my darling! Love!! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...