Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick-or-treating in our new hood.

Right.
Turns out that the new neighborhood isn't real big on trick-or-treating.
There's a reason why,* but I really thought we'd see more than...
oh...
I don't know...
ONE trick-or-treater?


October 31, 2011, 7:20 p.m.
tap-tap-tap {no ringing of the doorbell}

Me {opening the front door}: "Hooray! We have a trick-or-treater!"

Mario: "Trick or treat!"

Me: "Since you're our first trick or treater {thinking: possibly our last} you win the grand prize and I'm going to give you a whole bunch of candy!" {thinking: I don't want Doug to eat this stuff all week.}

Mario: "Do you like my costume? I'm Mar[w]io."

Me: "It's awesome! How old are you, Mario?"

Mario: "Six." {pause} "My name's not r[w]eally Mar[w]io, but you can call me that tonight."

Me: "Ok. Cool. Have fun, Mario!"

Mario: "Thank you!" {his dad smiling at the end of our walk...}

{image credit **
I loved Halloween at our new house.
:o)

* Some of the houses in our subdivision have tall gates/fences that must be entered in order to approach the front door. That's not cool if you are trick-or-treating.

** And I didn't realize until I searched for these Mario images that what should have been Mario's mustache was actually attached to the chin of our Mario tonight. So cute!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's cute. We only had 37 and there's no hindrances like that in our neighbourhood. Guess J will be taking all the leftovers in to work today. :)

traci said...

we don't get any trick or treaters her on the farm. i always forget it's even halloween.

Cheri said...

only one! We had probably around 50 or 60. I gave up trying to keep count. It's mostly teens though and they come in packs. One group of 12 all at once! Although we did have the cutest little two year old banana!

Robyn said...

so cute!!! Love that little brave Mario!

My parents don't get any trick or treaters and they hate that!

Sian said...

I'm a bit stunned by Cheri's numbers! Trick or treating has really only caught on here in the last couple of years. I think we had about eight rings at the doorbell, with a handful of kids each time. My favourite was a six year old Elvis!

Rhona said...

That's so cute (especially the moustache on the chin ;-) ) We had our neighbours children and sweet Alice as our Trick or Treaters :) xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

We don't usually get any (or no more than 5 or 6). Last night we went over to a friend's house and had a great time eating, drinking and watching all the halloween fun in their neighborhood.
Rinda

Beverly said...

We only had 2, it was cold and rainy, I felt so bad for all the little ones that had been waiting for the big night...and I missed seeing them

Irene said...

We had a group of 5 nieces and nephews that I invited over for hot dogs. It was nice to see them.

scrappyjacky said...

We didn't have any.....and although Halloween isn't big over here.....I was still a bit surprised as there's a few kids in our neighbourhood.

Alison said...

Love the thought of Mario's moustache on his chin!!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

We had the fewest ever, and it was a very nice night. I think Monday is a bad day for Halloween!

Mom said...

Mario sounds like he made up for all the ones that didn't come! Seldom do you get to interact with them--he sounds like a real cutie and he's going to remember you--the nice lady that gave him lots of candy. Presley and Stone were so cute--I'm sure Val will send you pictures! I guess Val had told Stone to speak up when he said "trick or treat" and he did and then as he walked away from each door, he'd say (really loud) "I said trick or treat really loud, mommy!" xo

Mom said...

Mario sounds like he made up for all the ones that didn't come! Seldom do you get to interact with them--he sounds like a real cutie and he's going to remember you--the nice lady that gave him lots of candy. Presley and Stone were so cute--I'm sure Val will send you pictures! I guess Val had told Stone to speak up when he said "trick or treat" and he did and then as he walked away from each door, he'd say (really loud) "I said trick or treat really loud, mommy!" xo

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

We easily had well over 150 kids here Deb! Our neighborhood is so well known for giving out the good stuff that the kids get dropped off here by the minivan. Sounds like you had a super cute trick or treater though!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

We easily had well over 150 kids here Deb! Our neighborhood is so well known for giving out the good stuff that the kids get dropped off here by the minivan. Sounds like you had a super cute trick or treater though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...