Thursday, October 27, 2011

Everything Old is New Again

While packing and unpacking over the past couple of months, some stuff has resurfaced. You know those things that get pushed to the very back of drawers and closets? And when you come across them someday you say, "Hey, I totally forgot about this!"


This basket resurfaced during our recent move and when I unpacked it here I thought, "Hm... that would work on in the office."  It wasn't long before Fancy Jane stepped into the basket and I remembered...


And it didn't take her long to remember either. She steps into this basket and starts walking around in a tight circle. She eventually winds herself down and around and tucks herself in for a solid cat nap. If you disturb her slumber she is not happy with you.


Which brings me to the point of this post. Carrie took this next picture of Fancy in 2004. This is the only copy I have - the one that [16-year old] Carrie put a green finish to. I have to say, this photo is one that consistently puts a smile on my face every time I see it. In fact, it cracks me up. I think the green finish is what makes it even more hilarious.


Who dares to disturb my slumber?!?!?

Ha.
Haven't we all been there at one time or another?

Do you have any photos from the past that consistently make you smile?
I'd love to see them!

* * *

16 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Indeed! There is one of Henry sitting grumpily in Budapest one summer when he would rather have been home playing all stars. It's in his sports album.
Rinda

traci said...

she looks pretty darn comfortable in there. cute!

Heather said...

hahaha they pick the weirdest places don't they! Many years ago I thought one of my cats had eaten her kittens because they were missing for a few hours .... then appeared from INSIDE the back of the sofa!! xx

Unknown said...

Awww...I love my little Fancy Jane. <3 I LOVE the pictures you took of her, and it's so cute that she still curls up in that basket. That picture cracks me up too. lol I love that I used it for my "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat" album artwork on my iPod. ;)

Rhona said...

I can't get over how much Fancy Jane reminds me of our Tom cat. Even to glare is the same lol! xx

scrappyjacky said...

Nothing can glare like a 'disturbed' cat!!!!

Melissa said...

That is a great older shot - I think I may have that look on occasion when my slumber has been disturbed. LOL

furrypig said...

I love how cats can sleep almost anywhere and they really like to get comfy in boxes and bags, well our cat does! Hope all is well with you and yours xxx

Alison said...

I think I look like that in the mornings!!
Alison xx

Amanda said...

It looks like a really tight fit in that basket. Cats do choose the funniest places to have a little nap in.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

So cute deb!

Margaret said...

I was worried you were going to say you'd forgotten about the cat!

webmosterhelene said...

Oh, what a cutie!!! And I want to say thanks for your sweet comments in my blog. I know it can be hard to understand everything, because I only blog in Swedish.... But sometimes it is better to let the pictures talk ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is one CUTE cat, especially curled up in that little basket!

humel said...

Oh, brilliant :) Love it, love it, love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a hoot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...