Monday, October 3, 2011

Around our house this weekend...

Greetings, dear blog friends! This past weekend I committed to picking up my camera ~ something I've been very lax about lately. Truth is, I've been rather blue these past few weeks what with my own health issues, and my mom's stupid cancer, and a house that's still not fully settled in.

But alas, this weekend there was progress! AND! I read this post from Shimelle and had a major ah-ha moment with my camera. I officially went manual and I get it.  :o)

Having a few pumpkins in our house reminds me that it's officially {finally} fall! The days are still hot, but the nights are cooler, and we can sit on our patio and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning.

I got a few things hung on walls this weekend and that's just what we needed around here. This house that we've been working so hard on {Doug has been busting his tail around here!!!} is finally feeling like HOME!

Finally unpacked the box that contained our little elk. It was in the second-to-the-last box to be unpacked!

Doug chopped down the dead tree in our backyard. I fretted over him being on a ladder with a chainsaw but he had a ball. {Boys!} He tied a rope to the big branches and I pulled on it so that when the branches came down they'd land in our yard and not over the fence and into our neighbor's yard. That was my big contribution to the team work in the backyard clean up process...

Oh, and I decorated a little bit too. :o)

And I'm so happy to report that this furry buddy is finally coming around. The move has been hard on him. It's taken four weeks for him to finally start to relax and return to his old goof-ball-self. Whiskers has stepped up the love gig by being very cuddly and nearby to cheer me - just what I've needed!

This week? I'll be preparing for a trip to California to visit my mom {and family}, then I have all next week off for vacation. So exciting! I plan to put the finishing touches on my craft room and I want to MAKE SOMETHING.

Thanks so much, dear friends, for the love and support and kindness you send my way. I appreciate it, and so does my mom! xo

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics! And I love watching your house get better and better...it's becoming super cute!

scrappyjacky said...

Your house is really coming together....and turning into a home.I just love your little corner where you've hung such gorgeous things....and you've got such a beautiful effect on that first photo.
Autumn in the UK means cool....like sweater and jacket cool.....only at the moment it's 28 degrees here....and is hotter than our summer was....very bizarre!
Am thinking of you,Deb....and sending hugs.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

hurray for you going Manual! YAY! and the house is coming together just great! you'll get it to home in no time flat! xoxo

Sian said...

It certainly looks like a home to me :) All those little touches? I've been here 5 years and I still haven't got things grouped the way I'd like!

Thinking about you on your trip next weekend

Ruth said...

I'm another who think it already looks like home. Can't wait to see what yummy things you make in your new craft room!
Will you please send me Marti's address?

Valerie said...

I love what you are doing with the house---can't wait to see it!!!! I am so happy for you and Doug--you get to create something wonderful together!!!

Beverly said...

manual? something that seems to stay on my some day list :( Love the first pic. Yay you for using your muscles on the tree project. I know it doesn't quite feel like home yet but it looks like home :)

Mom said...

Looks like home to me! Looking forward to being there Christmas! And so looking forward to having you here this weekend! Love you! xo

Maria Ontiveros said...

The only thing keeping me on track artistically is the photography class I'm taking. It's good to take the camera out -even if just for a couple of hours. Karen and I both signed up for a photography class at Deb Hodges's site Get It Scrapped. It's about getting great exposures, and you just need to be familiar with manual picture taking. You might want to check it out. . .
Rinda

Margaret said...

Glad you're settling in. Sorry you're feeling blue. I am a bit myself I hurt my hip. (How? No idea.) I can't sit more than few minutes. I'm standing as I type. It's very discouraging.

Anonymous said...

I can certainly understand the blue feelings---you have lots of reasons for them. But I've got to say your house is looking lovely and all your fall decorations are lovely as well.

Alison said...

It's coming together beautifully..love your grouping of pics....funnily enough I was looking at some gorgeous frames this weekend, and thinking of changing mine! Glad to know you are getting back to yourself
Alison xx

Becky said...

Love the corner where you've hung things - gorgeous. Been thinking of you and your Mum - take care of yourselves and have a great time off with your family in California. Sending hugs to you all xx

traci said...

it's looking good and becoming home.

i am so proud of you for getting it in manual. good for you. it's scary but once you get it...piece of cake.

humel said...

Oh, fabulous :) And I'm suitably impressed that you got onto manual! I need to sit down and read Shimelle's posts properly...

I hope you have a lovely, special weekend with your mom. Give her my love xx

Pure Ella said...

That is a beautiful collage of wall frames - and I love the angel ;)
My daughter has the same one ;)

So nice that your house is feeling like a home. xo

Lizzie said...

Great photos, Deb! So glad you are beginning to feel settled in - your life has had so much upheaval recently, I should think you feel very much like Whiskers - in a muddle!
Glad you're well enough now to take photos, hang pictures and decorate a bit - and help with tree-felling! Keep up the recovery.

Please give my love to Marti when you see her. And to Carrie and Doug.

And love to you too!!
xx

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Deb,
My, it's been a long time. This old world needs to slow down. But I scrolled back far enough to see that you were in the hospital recently. My goodness...I'm so happy all turned out for the best. What an ordeal, to say the least.
Your new place is coming along. I can't wait to see your craft studio all set up.
Take care,
Mary Lou

Kirsti said...

Looks like your home is finally coming together Deb...

I love your little photo display and you have just inspired me to do something like that!!!

Have a fun holiday..
Love
Kirsti xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...