Thursday, December 23, 2010

Warm Fuzzy Snowballs

When Carrie was in high school she was very involved in marching band. {Can you picture her as a percussionist, drum major, and band President? She rocked it!} Every year before their annual trip to camp, the members of band council made "warm fuzzies" for everyone. They were big fluffy pompoms made of random colors of yarn that the kids collected from different sources.
.

So, whenever I see a big pompom I automatically think "warm fuzzy."
* * * * *

While making my sister's Snowball Toss gift I had an idea for little somethings to make for my little friends, B and K who are 21-months old and the toddlers of our good friend, Janae. I used that same soft yarn and made each of them a warm fuzzy snowball. I included a little blue yarn for B-dawg, and a little pink for Miss Kiki.
I stitched up a little drawstring bag for storage, and added a snowflake tag for embellishment. For the snowflake I headed to my local scrapbook store and used their die-cut machine to cut felt snowflakes, then I hand stitched three layers together to give it some body.


* * * * *
I also made a Warm Fuzzy Snowball for our little friend Molly. I told her it was a snowball she could cuddle and sleep with and she was instantly happy. :o)
Word is that my sister's family loves the snowball toss I made for them. She particularly likes the fact that if/when they are thrown in the house they don't break anything. A feature I hadn't thought of, but good to know.
* * * * *
PS: Thanks so much for your well wishes regarding my bout with vertigo! I am feeling MUCH better and yes, I did go to work yesterday and actually felt better as the day wore on.

11 comments:

Mom said...

Sooooo glad you're better! You are one tough cookie!

I love the warm fuzzys! I'm going to save mine that's on my gift--may even start sleeping with it!!

Those snowflakes are amazing! Actually, you are amazing! Where do you get these ideas???? Love you! xo

Unknown said...

Love these snowballs! They are so fluffy and I bet they are fun to snuggle with. :)

scrappyjacky said...

Another brilliant idea,Deb. So glad you're feeling better.

traci said...

such a great idea. wish i had some of those when my kids were little. merry christmas deb.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that you feel better! And these snowballs are adorable!! Completely adorable!

Amy said...

Utterly gorgeous and I'm so glad ou are feeling a bit better now :-)

Rachel Brett said...

Cute little presents Deb, I'm sure they will love them :)

Sian said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are completely endless!!

I'm so glad that you are feeling a bit brighter and everyone here is sending our very best wishes for a wonderful Christmas x

humel said...

Gotta love a warm fuzzy!! Wishing you the best of Christmases xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great present. I sort of think you should make one for Carrie, too. Although I've never met her, I can totally see Carrie as a drum major.
Rinda

Margaret said...

Sending you a warm and fuzzy Christmas. Make it a crafty one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...