Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's a good thing.

Photo of Carrie and my mom in 1990.
Carrie was 2, and Mom was 48.
{a year younger than I am now!}

♥ ♥ ♥
Yes, it's a good thing that all my baking and wrapping and shopping is done. As luck would have it, I woke up yesterday morning with some sort of inner-ear thing going on and the whole room spinning out of control. Oh how I've taken this crazy little thing called an "equilibrium" for granted. I couldn't go to work, Doug had to drive me to the doctor, and I'm on some meds that don't really seem to help - except for the one that controls nausea which is, in my opinion, the greatest invention ever. I'm up and about this morning, moving slowly and getting ready to go to work - Doug will have to be my driver again.
.
Thanks, Santa, but this is NOT what I wanted for Christmas!!!
.
So, I won't be on the computer a lot for the next couple of days until I get past this vertigo. I wanted to pop in this morning and let you know the reason for my brief absence, and to wish each of you the merriest of Christmas! I'll be catching up with all of you in a few days!
.
Peace, love, and happiness to you and your families this holiday season!

14 comments:

Mom said...

Even though I don't like pictures of myself, I love this one with Carrie! My perfect little first grandchild! I remember when this was taken and we sat on the hearth and sang "Silver Bells"--now that's truly a "hand-on-the-heart-and-say-ahhh" moment!

Sooo sorry about your vertigo! I've been bothered with that so much in my life that it almost makes me nauseous just reading your post! I'll send you an e to let you know what I finally did to solve my problem! Rest and take your meds! Love you! xo

Michellefinaz said...

Hate when I get vertigo. If I take a Dramamine and sudafed that usually takes care of it. Feel better

debs14 said...

Dear Vertigo,
You are not wanted in the PaperTurtle household. Please go away NOW. And if not 'now' then at least before Christmas day.

ps hope you feel better verrrrry soon xxx

Unknown said...

Aww...such a cute picture! :) I got kinda choked up! I'm sorry you're not feeling good still and mad that you went to work today anyway. Rest so that you'll be better for Christmas!!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm with Carrie - stay home and get better! My first reaction to your picture is that each of you must have had children very young!!!
Finally, I hope you and your family have a really wonderful Christmas. Looking forward to more blog friendship in the New Year.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

I'm with Carrie as well...you should be at home getting better....in time for christmas....and I hope you all have a wonderful one.

Anonymous said...

Get better soon Deb. You just have to be well for Christmas. Thank you for all you lovely comments over the year and I hope you and your lovely family have a fantastic Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year. xxx

humel said...

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry to hear that - get better SOON! Merry Christmas, my friend xx

MarleneMAZ said...

Hope you get better soon, definitely good that you got all your baking done this weekend. Cute photo as usual. Feel better and Merry Xmas!

Ruth said...

Sending you much love and wishing you better very soon ~ stay home!!! x

Amy said...

Deb, this is not good news at all ... take care of yourself and rest up won't you ... so hard I know at this time of the year! But, do as you have been instructed by all these wise women ... stay at home! :-)

Sian said...

Gosh, I'm very very to hear this Deb. I hope the holiday season brings you the chance for some rest and recovery. Get well soon!

And a very merry Christmas to you and yours x

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Ugh, sweetie, that is the WORST feeling! I hope you feel better soon!

Rachel Brett said...

Oh no Deb! Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...