Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving at our house.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone.
I hope this day finds you in good spirits
and full of reasons to be thankful.

The schedule for Doug's annual deer hunt with his brothers fell on Thanksgiving this year. Rather than miss out on having everyone together, we decided to have dinner the Sunday before. So, while many of you are celebrating with your families today and having your first taste of turkey and pumpkin pie, all that remains of our leftovers is cranberry sauce. {I do have lots of leftover turkey and ham in the freezer.}

I had good intentions of taking a bunch of family photos, but I was too busy in the kitchen with these lovely ladies - my sisters-in-law:

Left to right are Janet and Laurie (Doug's brother's wives), Meta (Doug's sister), and yours truly. I love my SIL's and we do have some fun when we get together!

One of the things we love about holidays is the chance to see people we love. This year our niece Jessica was able to join us and brought her two sons along with her. This is the adorable little Brennan, youngest member of the family right now:

I'll close with these sweet baby photos, wishing each of you a very happy Thanksgiving Day full of bountiful blessings for you and your family.

November Attitude of Gratitude:
* I am so grateful that I have such an amazing family. And it's an even bigger blessing that when I can't be with my own family I have Doug's to call my own as well. I am blessed with some amazing in-laws.
* I am so grateful to be one of four awesome SIL's who enjoy each other's company so much.
* I am grateful for sweet babies like Brennan who remind us of the pure joy and innocence we all begin with.

16 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. x

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Darling D! Hope you have a very creative, relaxing day. My day is just gearing up--just taking a break before the rush starts! Love you dearly and can't wait to see you next weekend! xo

JenCoen said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Happy thanksgiving to you! You look gorgeous in that photo.
Rinda

Sian said...

Happy Thanksgiving Deb! How lovely that you can all celebrate as a happy big family.

Becky said...

Happy Thanksgiving. What a wonderful little boy - he does make you smile :). How lucky you are to have such wonderful sisters-in-law and sister.

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Deb - I'm glad you have had a lovely time and now have the opportunity to relax and enjoy a few days away from work :-)

Lizzie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Deb! Glad you all had such a good time last weekend - the snacks looked yummy!

Aww, what a dear little baby... we have two babies in the family just now - one is 8 months and the other is two. Another is due in March... it's such fun!

Rhona said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Deb, to all your family. Hope you enjoy your day :) xx

Melissa said...

I like the stuffed turkey toy hanging out with the bananas! Cute baby photos and it sounds like y'all had a fun Thanksgiving celebration. Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheryl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all Deb and your pictures are amazing so vibrant x

Rachel Brett said...

Happy Thanksgiving for yesterday :)

scrappyjacky said...

Happy Thanks giving....and what gorgeous photos.

Margaret said...

Why that cutie pie Brennan looks like a little sweet potato.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Looks like a fun thanksgiving Deb. And you look gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...