Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Canvas and ribbon ruffles and roses...

I'm on a roll with making canvas tote bags and have been wanting to combine the raw look of canvas with a pretty satin ribbon. This past weekend I did just that. :o)
The rose was fun and easy to do. I used wired ribbon to make it - pulling the wire on one side tight to gather it, then wound it around and stitched it in a few spots to hold it together. I love the way it turned out and will be digging through my ribbon stash trying to find more wired ribbon.

I made this little bag for fun, with no particular recipient in mind. It's available in my Etsy shop if you are so inclined. :o)

12 comments:

debs14 said...

Very pretty, love the colour of the ribbon too. My little bird arrived safely yesterday, beautifully packaged, thank you! They are coming over for Sunday lunch this weekend so I will be able to give it to her mummy then to put up in her bedroom. I know they are going to love it.

Rachel Brett said...

I love this Deb, it is so pretty :)

scrappyjacky said...

You're so right about the canvas and the ribbon working well together....and like Debs....I love that rich colour.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my new grandaughter.

Anonymous said...

Gosh Deb that bag is fabulous. I am really inspired to dig out my wired ribbon now and pretty up some of my bags.

Amy said...

It's quite divine Deb - and photographed up against the blue wall was a great way to showcase the bag!

I hope that shouldere of yours is on the mend, it's worrying when you can't keep up with all that is happening in the cyber world due to injury ;-) Take care Deb, I'm thinking of you.

Margaret said...

I didn't know you had an etsy shop, but of course you absolutely should, and I will definitely keep it in mind in the future.

Sian said...

Gorgeous! And your title just drew me in before I even saw the pictures

Liberty :) said...

It is really lovely!! :)

Denise said...

I didn't know you had an Etsy shop either - the colour of the ribbon is gorgeous. It's a lovely idea - really pretty.

Mom said...

How pretty! These would make perfect gifts!!!!! Did I tell you I made one of your flowers? Well, I did and it turned out cute! But this is a whole new flower--just when I thought I knew it all! So clever of you, my dear! xo

Jana said...

Love this combo. Those two textures together is wonderful.

MarleneMAZ said...

I just love the colour of your ribbon and the flower, really gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...