Saturday, May 8, 2010

Me ~ from A to Z



A few years ago Carrie and I put these A to Z pages together. They are hanging in our hallway and are such fun pieces. I'm always happy when they are noticed and admired. :o)


One for each of us.
I did the ones for Hubby and me,
Carrie made her own.

This is a great way to use up random alphabet pieces, and so much fun to personalize for each member of your household. Once these were put together, I put them in 12"x 12"shadow-box frames as some of the squares are raised with pop-dots, and others have dimensional embellishments.

Here's a look at the full page, out of the frame:

Most of the letters and words are self-explanatory, but in case you're wondering:

- "M" for Mom-friend, Carrie's nickname for me (written in her handwriting);
- "N" for Norman, my maiden name; and
- "Q" for Queen Bee because that's what my name (Deborah) means.

When I first saw the idea for this project it was done as a scrapbook page and I immediately knew I wanted to create it for a framed piece. I drove myself crazy for a few days thinking of words to describe us from A to Z. (I wonder, will you do the same?)
;o)

16 comments:

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

These are amazing! What a sweet, creative, wonderful idea! Deb - you continue to astound me.

debs14 said...

Absolutely
Beautiful &
Creative
Deb !

I just have to copy this one!

Unknown said...

Yay! So glad you posted these - they're my favorite things in your house! :)

Ruth said...

These look amazing ~ I love them!

scrappyjacky said...

Wonderful idea....they look great on the wall.

Sian said...

Brilliant! I love the breadth of your creativity Deb; there's always something new to see here. One of these would make a wonderful birthday gift.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love this! Everytime I see a piece like this, I feel inspired to do something similar. Maybe this summer! By the way, I"m surprised there's no turtle in there.
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Actually, Rinda, there is. :o) The "I" is "I ♥ turtles"

Rachel said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to somethng like this.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fabulous idea - I know what I am going to be making in the next few months! They are absolutely stunning.

humel said...

Deb, this is *amazing!* I have an alphabet project planned - just not sure yet whether to do a mini-book with a page for each letter, or a page or framed piece like this - if I can make it look this gorgeous then I'm definitely going for the framed piece now! But I've been working on my list a while already... xx

Clair said...

Awesome idea! I'll definitely be stealing it at some point soon :)

helena said...

inspiring and such fun to have on the wall for everyone to share

traci said...

those are awesome deb. what a great project.

Rachel Brett said...

I love this! I think I may justhave to try this out!!!!! Thanks for sharing Deb.

Kristi Jean said...

I'm so happy you posted these! This is one of my favorite parts of your home...although...I love it all...such a wonderful vibe all around that I hope to one day have in my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...