Saturday, February 20, 2010

A family birthday.

My nephew, Ryne is 18 today.

I wanted to write a post about him today and as I looked through my pictures, it was difficult to find one of him without a guitar. He is an amazing musician (takes after his dad/my brother) and this instrument is always with him.

This young man has always held a special place in my heart. I love him to the sky! I'm emotional just typing this...

And then! I read my SIL's blog this morning and now I'm at a loss for words. She wrote a beautiful tribute to our Ryno-man -- a must read tribute from a mother to her son on his 18th birthday.
.
If you are so inclined, hop on over to her blog and leave her a little love today.
.
Happy Birthday, Ryno!!!
We ♥ you!!!

xo

9 comments:

Ruth said...

My nephew became a teenager in January, scary where the years have gone! A lovely tribute from his mum.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Happy Birthday to your nephew - I bet you're his favorite aunt!

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Stephanie

Sian said...

Isn't it great that blogs can be used as a way of saying we care? Lovely post..and a happy birthday to your nephew

Lizzie said...

It's great that he has a serious interest in his life, to keep him focussed and help him relax.

Happy Birthday to Ryne!

Sounds like he's lucky to have such a great aunt and wonderful parents too!

The Norman Clan said...

awwww... so nice, thanks Deb... Love you too and so does he :-)

I was balling my head off writing my post last week, I was sad all day afterward. Those kids sure get in our hearts don't they??

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love that last picture . . . it captures so much!
Rinda

Mom said...

Can you believe our little Ryno is a man now??? What a sweet post! xo

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

He looks like a keeper!! : ) I love my nephews, too! : )
Speaking of love, the wonderful cream colored table you found at the Thrift Store recently is wonderful! I would leave it, it's SO charming!
M.L.

humel said...

Beautiful post :-) Hope he had a great day x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...