Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pretty perfect night.

We had such a fun Halloween this year ~ fulfilled a tradition and took it easy. Here are a few pictures of last night at our house: So, Carrie says my pumpkin face ALWAYS looks the same; year after year. This year I decided to change it up a bit...cut the eyes bigger...make the mouth jagged... Yeah. Didn't happen. I ended up with the same ol' punkin' face I always do.


And my gurl C. This girl has LOVED halloween since she was tiny! I should scan some pictures of her dressed in some of the costumes I made over the years. Next year I'll do that!




These two.
Love them.


And every year we line 'em up and set the camera timer. Doug's pumpkin is always scary. Mine is always whimsical. And Carrie's is different every year. This year she went vampire.

I ROCKED the chicken and dumplings for dinner...thankyouverymuch.


~very sweet and lucky and happy dog~
And Carrie brought her new friend, Marcus to hang out for the night.

We ended up with about 12 trick-or-treaters (thanks to Carrie for being the candy-passer-outer), sat in the backyard around the fire pit, and enjoyed our gorgeous Arizona weather.


Life is good.

Halloween was fun.

6 comments:

melissa kaye said...

I thought for a second there that Doug's pumpkin had antlers (see 3rd photo)! HAHAHA! :) Glad you guys had a good time. You have such a beautiful family, Deb.

Xoxo~

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yeah, Mel, I noticed that. I almost put a caption under the picture but I thought I'd leave it and see if anyone else noticed. :o) One of those totally unplanned things but it's pretty funny.

janae @ jelly roll said...

I thought the same thing and said 'how funny and appropriate!'. Dinner looks yummy!

20Birds said...

chicken and dumplings look like they rock! i am here saying "hello" from shimelle's class

Margaret said...

It all looks wonderful, but that chicken and dumplings is making me drool

Mom said...

I'm another one who thought Doug's pumpkin had antlers! How doggone creative is that?!?!?? Great for a giggle! And I'm with jelly roll, 20Birds and Margaret--I want chicken and dumplings!!!! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...