Monday, November 2, 2009

Good intentions.


.
I'm taking an online class that started today, "Blogging for Scrapbookers" with Shimelle. Our first assignment (prompt) is to create a post sharing what our intentions are for the next three weeks as we work through the prompts for this class.
.
A little background...
When I started this blog not quite a year ago, I did so as a means to share pictures of my craftings with my mom and other family members. Before the blog I would take pictures, upload them to Snapfish and share a link (didn't know about Flickr then and I wasn't on Facebook at that time...). Anyway, my daughter (Carrie) made a blog and told me "it's EASY" and she helped me with the initial set up on mine.
.
Looking back, I can see that I had absolutely no idea what I was really creating. I had no idea about the networking aspects of blogging (seems silly now!). I had created a space to not only share my ideas, but an avenue to find and connect with other crafters (Mel) and photographers (Traci) and deep thinkers (Margaret). That has really been the best part, and the nicest surprise.
.
So, in my travels while blog-surfing I see things on other blogs that make me a little envious and I'm always wondering how they DO some of that stuff! Then I came across a blog post on Eve's blog about Shimelle's class and now here I am, thinking about what my intentions are for this class.
.
Over the next three weeks I intend to...

* Do my best to keep up with the forum posts (Thanksgiving dinner and hubby's 50th birthday celebration are in four weeks!!! Lots to do over the next three weeks!);

* Leave a comment on every blog I look at (because I know bloggers love comments!);

* Re-vamp my little blog here (one of my goals is to get something creative on the sides of my blog, and apparently need to work on bullet lists...)

* Learn new tricks and tips from Shimelle and my classmates;

* Set aside time to devote to blogging rather than my standard hit-and-miss style; and

* Find more blogs to follow and more followers for mine. :o)

.
To my current followers, prepare to be amazed as you witness, first hand, my blog transformation. (Gulp. did I just put that out there?!?!) Ok, or at least pretend to be impressed when I get some type of decoration on the left side of my blog!!!

.
To my classmates from Shimelle, welcome to my little corner of Blogspot. Tell me what you like, what you think needs work, and what you think I should do more or less of. I'd love to know what you think.
.
Ciao!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your good intentions! I hope we all get loads of inspiration for our posts and get loads of comments.

Becky said...

Hi - I'm a classmate! Lovely to read your blog - good luck with all you have coming up over the next four weeks! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that your husband has a lovely birthday.

Gemma* said...

Hi, i found you via blogging for scrapbookers, I like the look of your blog . . . wondering where you got 'paper turtle' from . . . and wondering how you get those cute little hearts i spotted in some of your posts. be back soon :)

Debbie H said...

Good luck with the class and here's to keeping up!!

Craftyslh said...

What a fantastic post, this is the start of our journey of exploration with the guidance of our navigator Shimelle. Can't wait to see everyone's personal route and progress.

Dave said...

Hey copycat!!! I'm taking her class too! We seem to like the same teachers...

Tiffani K said...

Great post!Can't wait to get to see you around Shimelle's!

melissa kaye said...

:~) I'm excited for you, Deb! I look forward to seeing your upcoming blog changes. It's funny because I've been wanting to undergo some blog changes myself. Have fun with that class! Wish I was taking it with you!

humel said...

Hello there, classmate! Thanks for dropping by my blog :-) I look forward to following the progress of yours - though it looks pretty good already! :-)

Margaret said...

I'm excited to see how this class will inform your blog. I'll be watching with interest. Have fun.

traci said...

what a wonderful class idea deb. good luck fulfilling your intentions. you put them out there so now we will all be checking on ya. lol. i love your blog and can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Kristi Jean said...

I love your new layout! And you are an amazing blogger. I love reading your posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...