Monday, February 1, 2016

A weekend of mandalas, gardening and yoga

Good Monday morning, blog friends.
 

Rinda commented on one of my Instagrams yesterday, saying that my "mandala muse was on fire this weekend." She was right! There's a shift happening in my life and I poured my heart and soul into mandalas over the course of the past few days. And I marveled at how different these recent mandalas appeared to me. I used a little different approach and some new shapes materialized for me.

Big news is that Doug made a big dent in our backyard over the weekend. He removed two old oleander bushes and that was no easy feat. And he started digging up the old sprinkler system, preparing  for new lines to be laid. And he removed a bunch of the old and rotting railroad ties and hauled them to our local dump. Busy, busy weekend for Douglas!


And! And!!! A small patch of dirt was cleared in the back corner where I planted some sunflower and hollyhock seeds. Ah! It felt so good to have my hands in dirt for a little while. Thanks, Doug! I needed that!


I taught my regular two yoga classes on Saturday morning, then attended my monthly yoga teacher training workshop in the afternoon (and on Sunday too). When I wasn't practicing yoga, I was drawing more mandalas...


And this one...

Plus two others that are still in black-and-white stages and not photographed. It was awesome, and I'd give just about anything for another day off work today. I'd sit in chair on our back patio and draw more mandalas, with the dug-up backyard as my backdrop. But now I'm just dreaming...  ~sigh~

Time to hit the yoga mat and adjust my Monday morning attitude. Have a lovely week, my friends! Do something that soothes your soul...

8 comments:

Karen said...

These are all beautiful, but I especially love the colors you used in the first one. I can definitely appreciate all the hard work Doug did this weekend. It will all pay off big time, because I know what wonderful gardeners you are!

Audrey said...

All three of those mandalas are awesome, Deb!!! That first one looks like Carolina Panthers colors ~ ha ha!!! I don't even like football but you can't be here in Charlotte without catching a little bit of the fever. This city is losing its mind right now. :-)

Sian said...

I saw that comment and thought - you said it, Rinda! I love the blue in the first one too

Patio Postcards said...

Ah a good choice of blue for that first Mandala - your special tribute blue colour if I am not mistaken. Ah the blessing of Doug & his handyness (spell check says not a word but I am using anyway). Sunflowers & hollyhocks, what a lovely combo. Growth. There's a calling for you with your special yoga gifts - Debs suggested a skype class.

debs14 said...

He's a hard worker, that man of yours! Lovely mandalas - wishing you a good week x

Alison said...

Glad to hear your garden's coming together.....gardening is one of my happy places! Xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Yea for sunflowers!
And yea for mandalas!
I can definitely see the different shapes in your mandalas. I've noticed that I play a lot but there are only a couple shapes I've created that I really love. I might try recreating those a few times.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Love your mandalas and how you create so many different ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...