Monday, October 12, 2015

This weekend at the new house

Hey there, blog friends.
One of my favorite adages is this: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And that's what I'm struggling with when it comes to blogging right now. It's been a weird time for me and I feel like I have myself stuck in a bit of a negative rut. I know it will pass, I know I'll morph out of this funk, but for right now I am a little upside down. Makes it kind of hard to come into this space and offer up some words of encouragement and sarcastic humor for you, when I'm not feeling it myself. {Ha. Although, having just typed and re-read my intro paragraph, I already feel a little bit better...}

Anyway! I'm pretty sure you don't come to PaperTurtle to hear me whine, and I've been doing a bit of that in real life, so what say we just look at a few photos and then head out to tackle the upcoming week, eh?

Eddie's home...


When we moved into our last house four years ago, we didn't have a ceiling high enough to accommodate Eddie's rack so he went to live at Doug's brother's house. Well, new house + higher ceilings = Eddie's home. Doug is super happy and I am...well...getting used to having a really large and beautiful and dead animal hanging in our living space. I'll be honest and say that I kind of freaked out last Monday when I came home from work and he was hanging there. Carrie tells me, "Dude. It's Doug's house too!" and I think, "Wait a minute. You're my kid! Don't be on Doug's side!" (tongue in cheek there). One week later I'm surprisingly ok with Eddie living in our space again - or I'm just used to him now. It is what it is...


It's interesting (and encouraging for me) to look at the photo above and see how much progress I made this weekend. All those boxes are now stacked on the side of our house, waiting for someone to answer our ad on Craigslist for free moving boxes. It felt awesome this weekend to actually set out some of our little treasures. It's really starting to feel like home around here! :o)

Our turtles have been living in temporary housing while they await the creation of a new habitat. The unsettling news is that I haven't seen Casper in three days. She's burrowed under the bark in the tub and hasn't surfaced. Doug was out of town this weekend, and he's charged with the task of digging through the tub to find her this morning. Praying that she is ok!!! In the meantime, I've been letting Rexy roam the backyard in the afternoons for some sunshine and exercise. This weekend he discovered Lucky the dog.


Treasures starting to land in place...


A gathering of angels...


Between our house move, my mom's three-year-good-bye-anniversary, having shingles (they are better now!), a full-time job, yoga teaching and yoga teacher training, and blogging, I'm feeling a bit maxed out. This week's goal is to settle the heck down - I feel it coming back around and I know I have to make it happen in my mind. I will. I always have before and I will do it again.

In the meantime, I'm not going to worry too much about blogging. As much as I love this space, PaperTurtle is so on the back burner at the moment. However, I do have a post ready for Wednesday with some mandala goodness to share. You just never know when I'll pop up in your feed...

So, until we meet again, my friends, keep the faith and keep on keeping on. That's what I'll be doing over on my little piece of the planet.

12 comments:

debs14 said...

Sounds like the move has really taken it out of you Deb and I hope that you feel more settled soon. Pleased to hear that the shingles has gone, but make sure you rest and relax - you don't want it returning!
I think I'm on Team Deb regarding Eddie! He's a very large stag isn't he? Mind you, once you've put a red glitter nose on him, and some fairy lights and Christmas tinsel - you'll hardly know he's there ;-)
Hope that Casper is just hibernating - I'm sure he is but totally understand why this is a Doug job!
Keep smiling, and I hope to see you back in blogland very soon xxx

Karen said...

Hang in there! It looks like you're making a lot of progress and you've really had a full plate for awhile!

Ruth said...

I do like the loom of Eddie, but not sure if I'd like him on one of my walls ...
Keep on keeping on? There's a lot of that going on here right now, too!

helena said...

love the rex meets lucky shot - sending supportive and positive hugs through the airwaves

Becky said...

You have so much going on in your life that I am not surprised that the blog needs to be put on the back burner. We will all be here for you when you are ready to to return. I am finding that I am posting fewer posts at the moment as I am so busy with my new job and spend so long in front of a computer every day that I don't want to sit and type blog posts at night. Take care of yourself xx

Audrey said...

Okay, Casper!!! Is she ok? Oh goodness, I really hope so. I'm glad Rexy is being quite the adventurer though. Eddie....well.....all I have to say is that I hope you plan to decorate him with some tinsel or lights or something for the holidays. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? Hope your week settles down some....so happy to hear your Shingles are better. Breathe in, breathe out!!! Sending big hugs....the new house looks awesome and I'm still waiting to hear about the painted cabinets (big smile).

Patio Postcards said...

WOW with so much happening, it's no wonder you feel out of sorts. Change, even when it's all positive, can still unsettle us. Let your gathering of Angels whisper sweet nothings to you. Hoping that Casper has been found safe & sound.

Linda said...

Glad you are settling in to your new home. Love the gathering of angels, and I do like Eddie! Take care and look after yourself. X

Sian said...

Moving house is such an emotional time. I think it affects us in ways we hardly know how to understand. I'm sure you'll feel better after a while..though give it time..don't underestimate the upheaval. Seriously.

"Don't saying anything.." is a favourite of my Mums. We were brought up on this one!

Susanne said...

Oh dear! (Yes, I spelled that correctly) I'm sorry that you are in a bit of a funk. Maybe once you've had some down time to properly settle in, your happy perspective will return. Just think, it will soon be time to handle tinsel from the deer - is that a helpful thought? (hee hee hee)

Alison said...

Your new house looks fab...and very soon I'm sure it will feel like home- for you ALL! Sorry to hear you've had shingles...such a horrible thing...take care my friend xx

Barbara Eads said...

Of course you are overwhelmed! Moving is a huge, stressful deal! I'm one of those weird types that really likes to help people move. Well, not the actual moving part, but the settling in part. You're doing it AND maintaining a full schedule! Just cut yourself a break and kick back a little. The work will wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...