Monday, August 3, 2015

Yesterday and beyond...

Monday morning, already.
Well that was a quick weekend! Doug and I have a lot of things coming up in the next couple of months, so we decided to take advantage of our last free Sunday and take a drive up through Northern Arizona yesterday. Ah! What a beautiful day for a drive...



These photos were taken near Williams, and Ash Fork, Arizona - about a three hour drive from where we live. The temperature was about 20° cooler than being at home, and that sky and those fluffy white clouds?!?! Arizona perfection.
 
Doug has a small tear in his right knee and he's scheduled for surgery on Wednesday of this week. Send some happy thoughts and a few prayers his way, if you are so inclined, for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Wednesday evening is the first night of the new four-week session for the yoga class I teach through my city's parks and recreation department. I love teaching that Wednesday night class! And it's fun because every four weeks there's an opportunity to introduce new students to yoga. I'm settling in and not feeling as nervous before I teach a yoga class. It feels wonderful to relax in that role a little.

Our house is beginning to feel a bit disheveled with our upcoming move. I've had a couple of boxes packed and sitting on our living room floor for the past week, along with a roll of packaging tape and a pile of newspapers for wrapping stuff. It's going to get worse before it gets better, so it's a good time for me to remind myself that this is temporary. It's all temporary... 

Those clouds though! Plus black-eyed Susan's along the way and a picnic lunch... Awesome!

We are scheduled to close on our new house two weeks from today. The list of things to do is growing, and we will work out the timing of everything as we go. Plans are for Doug to work on some remodeling in the new house before we actually move in (mid-September). Praying for patience and tenacity and realistic expectations for both of us. And for Doug to not over-do it on his newly repaired knee!

Yes, a day trip was just what we needed yesterday! Being out in nature is what fuels us, and now it's game on...

But first I'm off to tackle Monday. I've got my sights set on 5:30 p.m. when my work day will be done and I'll be meeting for Mandala Monday with B & C. Well, B for sure; maybe C...

I'll catch you on the flip side, my friends.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Those skies are gorgeous! I'll be keeping Doug in my prayers for the surgery and the recovery!!! Knees are tricky joints. I bought new hiking poles for our trip to Canada, and it's a good thing or I might be headed for surgery, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...